1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRONIC Dick Justice] So that's why the Rockets could still use Tracy McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 22, 2009.

1. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

What the hell else does Tracy have to do? His teams, even if they haven't won in the playoffs (and we can argue to a stand still if that is his fault) consistently win 50 plus games and comfortably make the playoffs.

And for a guy who "doesn't play defense", explain to me how a guy playing 3 quarters a night continues to have teams that rank in the top 5 defensively? If I remember correctly, basketball is a team sport.

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Healthy T-Mac? That is an oxymoron. He is a fragile chucker who chokes in big games.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if tmac had aaron brooks producing like the past 2 games, he'll have us out of the first round many times. brooks is a scorer and a great 3pt shooter. a healthy tmac would get brooks all the shots he gave rafer and head.

it's easy to make "championship" decisions when you have a good team around you. why? at the end of the day, you gotta make shots.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The Tmac we had last year was still better than Ron. Much better offensive player, he did everything for us on offense. The rockets need Tmac next season to challenge for the championship.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Lead a team out of the first round, not choke in the 4th quarter of 5 consecutive playoff games, play defense, keep his mouth shut, run the offense, be a decent team mate.

And this team won 50+ games without him. Actually, most of those wins were after he had surgery and most of the losses were when he showed up (notice I didn't say contributed because he did very little of that).

I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that this team learned to play defense under one of the best defensive coaching staffs in the league. There are plenty of great defensive teams that have poor individual defenders playing heavy minutes. And many of those individuals don't have a guy in the starting lineup that does all the heavy lifting when it comes to defensive assignments like Shane did for Tracy.

6. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

idk if i should say i agree with Justices opinions cuz the guy changes them every 5 minutes... on the same subject. but to call him "Dick Justice" just because he's saying a healthy tmac is better than no tmac? come on... there's a million other things you can call him "Dick Justice" for, just not this one. also, "Dick Justice"?? really?

7. worzel gummidge

You do know Dick is short for Richard, right?

1 person likes this.
  8. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

oh snap! i forgot his name was Richard! ha, apologies, carry on.

9. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Gread read. Everything said was true we would be a much better team with a healthly Tracy. The Tracy we had this year wasn't Tracy I don't know who the hell that was on the court.

10. T-mac&Yao=RING

Tracy coming off the bench that doesn't sound right.

If hes 100% healthy we need him to play at a high level something I believe he can do if hes working hard and the rehab is going great, I guess only time will tell.

11. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Yes, we need a really Tracy next season.

12. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

I think its funny how people on these boards have a short memory. Sure Tmac hasnt lead this team past the first round, but he played some great ball and saved alot of games and seasons that could have gone downhill when Yao went down.

There is no doubt that a healthy Tmac would be a huge asset to this squad. I love Wafer but he cannot create an open layup for Yao, neither can RonRon, AB or Lowry. Love McGrady him or hate him he would create a heck of alot more open shots for Yao then what RA is creating which is sweet F*@k all..

13. T-mac&Yao=RING

I'm really hoping we can see a healthy Tracy next year, but somehting in me just says that he might be done for good. I don't want to believe that but its looking like thats whats going on.

14. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

15. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

I've never seen Tracy choke in a big game. I've seen his teamates not show up time and time again. But Tracy always steps up in the playoff and puts us in postion to win! Your statement holds no water. HATER! :mad:

16. bbjai

bbjai Member

I really don't get how people think Wafer can replace T-mac. Next season he'll hit the wall when the scouting report will have more detail on him. Right now his benefiting from open shots from the double and triple teams on Yao and his hitting his shots. His got no value past being a bench engergy. T-mac will help us in a variety of ways to help this fronting defence. His easily the best passer to Yao Ming. His also the only one that can run the pick and roll with him. And Morey has mentioned it before but at any level of his offence people will still double him. Even the gimpy T-mac this year drew double teams. Artest is the one that needs to play with T-mac, not the other way around. You guys can cry as much as you like about Me Mac and how he doesn't work with the offence. But its got to be on all our players. T-mac works with Yao we already know that. Our record with them two playing defines it. I have NO DOUBT last year would have been our first year out of the playoffs first round if Yao Ming was not injured. I'm even going to say I could gurantee this as fact.

T-mac makes us better when his at least semi healthy and has confidence in his own body. Case in point Play Offs 2008.

17. rockets_fanatic

I have been saying this since the beginning of the season. I was saying that if McGrady was unhealthy he need to go away and rehab away from the team. We eventually did that and benifited from it. If we did it earlier, wemight have had him for the play-offs.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You know screw Tmac.

The bigger issue here is Adelman. When I read this I got the feeling that Adelman thinks Artest should help draw attention off of Yao now that Tmac is out.

It makes sense...since now once Yao is fronted...Artest and team starts jacking up jumpshots. THIS...THIS is Adelman's answer to the fronting. At least it seems to be now...

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Yao's fg% is the best it has been in 4 years.

20. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

And your point being? When Yao was getting tied up down low was there anyone on this team creating a shot for him? :confused: