1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets far from polished gem as season nears

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theREALDEALkid, Oct 27, 2008.

1. theREALDEALkid

Link - http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6079599.html

2. Bassem

Bassem Member

We got a lot work to do, and I'm sure we'll catch on. Our guys are more comfortable with Adelman's system, but since T-Mac and Shane haven't got to play much with Artest and Barry, and the players aren't completely used to each other and Rick's system, it will just take some time before the team starts to perform at a really high level.

Kinda like last year, when the team started clicking in mid-January, but I expect the team to better in everything this year, and I think their hard-nosed defense will get them the wins needed until they can master Adelman's offense.

Just be patient, and as long as we can stay healthy, this team will just emerge to the top.

3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Really don't know whether we should feel encouraged by the fact that they recognise the issues, and are putting time into correcting them - or concerned because they are heading into a treachorous first month of the season apparently playing like ****.

4. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

No wonder Tracy's knee is still bothering him - he's wearing the brace all wrong!

[​IMG]

5. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

recognizing problems is always the start, and Rockets are working to improve the problems they see

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It's all about April, May and June. If the Rockets are healthy then, they will be one of the favorites.

7. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

It's worse than I thought. No T-Mac. No Brooks. No Battier. No defense. Idleman has to teach these guys how to play basketball?? Maybe we'll go 3-7 or 2-8 in our first 10.

8. theREALDEALkid

We do have T-Mac, and we have Defense, they're not going hard in practice for no reason...we just going through the bumps right now, it'll smoothen out eventually

9. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

LMAO. Good one.

10. SeeingRocketRed

When I suggested before that we bring Van Gundy back as a part-time "defensive coordianator" on another thread, I was being serious. Is that an option? Two years removed from his coaching, perhaps we are slipping a little on that side of the ball. I know we have excellent individual defenders in Battier and Artest, and good individual defenders in Rafer, Yao, and McGrady, BUT defensive schemes are important too.

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

while we can't predict the future for this season, last year we were #2 in defense, behind one of the best defenses ever in boston. any slippage will be a new thing.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

It would have been smarter to have retained Thibodeau. He seemed to do wonders for Boston, besides, Yao loved the guy.

13. walker

walker Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I totally agree. I thought the exact same thing when I saw him recieve his ring before the Celts/ Cavs game Tues night

14. battousai

battousai Member

hello, he's is resting therefore he is letting his knee breath a little. That's why he got the brace pulled down a bit. I am sure he knows how to wear one.