1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON]Promoter Arum calls Pacquiao-Mayweather dead

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RocketMadness, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This. Let's say Pac agrees to the new test. What is to stop Mayweather from making another lame request to delay the fight?

2. what

what Member

If?

There is no discussion. You either run it by me, or you can't post on the topic anymore.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I highly doubt Manny is on HGH. HGH is not a good drug AT ALL for building mass compared to anabolic steroids. HGH is more of an anti-aging drug that would have very little benefit to a 30 year old who is more concerned with adding lean mass and improving his power and speed. Now, if he is taking to rehab or prevent connective tissue damage while training I can understand using HGH.

4. Major

Major Member

Two of the biggest benefits of HGH are development of lean muscle and increasing energy/endurance. Both of those seem vital to boxing.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

HGH is very poor for developing lean mass compared to anabolic steroids. That's a fact among users. As far as increasing energy/endurance, that has to do with increased red blood cell count which again, anabolic steroids are much better at accomplishing. EPO is even better.

I'm not saying HGH can't help but anabolic steroids are much better for a young guy like Manny. It's about using the best tool for the job.

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I like the Pac Man, but he is quickly turning into the Barry Bonds of boxing. I don't think his legacy will be the same if he isn't cleared of this doping scandal.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Man, I hope you are joking. He has never tested positive for anything and has agreed to the normal drug testing. He just hasn't agreed to the new testing Floyd pulled out of his ass.

8. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

LMAO!! I guessed your girlyman Mayweather is so afraid of Pacquiao to be going all out to make sure Pac Man isn't taking anything illegal. By tarnishing and ridiculing Pac Mac isn't going to do Mayeather any good. Accusing someone of doing performance enhancement drug is very damaging accusation and especially an honorable and well likable guy like Pac Man. It will only p!ss the hell out of Pacquiao and Mayweather better be wearing his diaper on the night of the fight.

Talking about being a chicken **** even before the fight.

9. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_y...B?slug=ro-pacpaulie122609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Irony reigns if Pacquiao-Malignaggi is made

Malignaggi, who re-entered the world title picture by defeating Juan Diaz in a rematch earlier this month, spoke out vigorously recently, using an interview with Boxing Truth Radio to publicly insinuate that Pacquiao had taken performance-enhancing drugs.

So is Pacman going to sue Malignaggi??? :grin: :grin:

10. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Wow, not another freaking idiot. How about saying something like they heard through the grapevine that not only Pacquiao might be on roid instead of the stupid accusation just because he's kicking people's ass that he must be on roid.

I guessed Roger Federer and Usain Bolt or any top athletes are also on roid.

It's like the sore losers that I kick the crap out of them in online games and they accuse me of using cheating BOTS.

11. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_y...B?slug=ro-pacpaulie122609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Mayweather’s team demanded Olympic-style United States Anti-Doping Agency guidelines that would allow for random blood testing up until two days before the bout.

Pacquiao’s advisors agreed to unlimited urine tests, but did not want blood testing within a month of the fight for fear it would weaken their boxer who is also said to be frightened of needles.

Malignaggi spoke of a “cover up” and likened the way Pacquiao has remained clear of implication to the Major League Baseball scandal of the late 1990s.

“Major League Baseball knew that more home runs equaled more fans,” said Malignaggi. “Boxing knows Manny Pacquiao destroying bigger guys is a phenomenon. But it is too good to be true, like all those home runs were.

“So it is all covered up and it won’t be addressed.”

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Malignaggi is a dumbass because boxing doesn't have a governing body like Baseball. People act like he's knocking out heavyweights. Only Ricky Hatton out of all Manny's past marquee fights have been literally knocked out. But yeah, Pac is jucing up because he keeps whooping everybody's ass. Great logic. Where was this steroid talk when folks said Cotto would destroy Pac? I guess Cotto was good enough to beat a roided up Pacman right?

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Mayweathers are all idiots. First, Floyd Mayweather is making millions and still has IRS problems plus he's defaulting on $500k car loans with 16% interest, now his camp is trying to torpedo the most $$$$$$ fight in forever??

idiots.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

For what its worth:

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24354

Now, isn't this more fair? Let the guys who actually have real power, decide whether random blood test is needed or not. Team Pac are willing to do random blood test if the state request it. They don't want to do it from the orders of Team $$$. That is fairly simple.

15. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Arum: 'The fight's off'
    Comment Email Print Share
    By Dan Rafael
    ESPN.com
    Archive

The much-anticipated showdown between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, tentatively scheduled for March 13 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, isn't happening, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com on Wednesday night.

"The fight's off," Arum, who promotes Pacquiao, said from Las Vegas.

The fight died after a last-ditch attempt at mediation failed.

Arum said Pacquiao would move on and likely fight junior middleweight titlist Yuri Foreman on March 13 or March 20.

16. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Blech. Boxing is a crooked joke.

MMA is softcore gay p*rnography.

Seems like these days if I want to watch 2 dudes beat each other up I have to tune into Jersey Shore

17. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Meh, this is BS because the fight will happen. They're trying to turn this into a stupid drama to hype it up. Who's going to walk away from the BIGGEST fight ever? $35mil plus each? I thought Mayweather is the "money" man? I mean why would he want Pac to get caught with some enhanced supplements and screw up the fight even before it even started?

18. bratna8

bratna8 Member

“I’ve been saying this for years: He’s a psychological coward who doesn’t want to fight anybody who has a chance of beating him,” Arum said."

Can't say it any beter than that.

Just fight what's with all the bull**** Mayweather?

19. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

Screw them both. **** if I'm going to shell out money for Pac-Yuri or Mayweather-Paulie after this c***tease. And I love boxing.

Ugh.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why can't manny take a bloodtest?