1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON]Promoter Arum calls Pacquiao-Mayweather dead

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RocketMadness, Dec 24, 2009.

1. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

Has he done everything Floyd has asked for? Seems like the Mayweather's camp has given Manny everything he has asked for except for the Drug testing conditions.

And good luck with the defamation suit Manny, lol. Hope it turns out better for you than it did for Roger.

2. foo82

foo82 Member

For all those backing Mayweather.

Why is it all those that are backing Mayweather seem to ignore the issue that Manny AGREED to the bloodtesting? Seriously whats wrong with testing right after the fight? Is something not gonna show up that would show up before the fight? Makes no ****ing sense. Quit saying that he's dodging the it if he AGREED to the blood tests. If I was him, I would be pissed as hell too.

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Has Floyd ever made this request before?

4. hjg877

hjg877 Member

I can see this being "called off" temporarily but there are too many people wanting to see this fight.

It's going to happen but even when the fight was proposed I felt March seemed a bit rushed. I would almost predict this fight gets moved back to June and the person who could benefit the most is Mr. Jerry Jones.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure I said that Manny should just go ahead and agree to whatever Floyd's asking for SO WHEN they fight and if Manny wins, Manny can say "See? I did everything Mayweather asked and STILL mopped the floor with him"

That's how Manny's camp should have handled this. Just obliged to the test, go into the ring, beat Mayweather, and call it a day. Throwing in a defamation suit months before the fight is a b****-fit move IMO.

What's wrong w/ taking it AFTER the fight? Would you want to:

1. Go into a ring, not knowing whether or not your opponent has used PEDs
    2. Fight said opponent
    3. Lose to said opponent
    4. Find out AFTER the bout that the opponent was on something

"Well that loss would still be taken off of Floyd's record"

Easier said than done. It might be taken off of Floyd's record but for the MILLIONS upon MILLIONS that will be tuning in to this fight, all they will remember is who won the fight--regardless of PED usage or not. I'm sure a lot of people brushed ARod's usage under the rug after the Yanks won the World Series and this wouldn't be any different.

"Well Floyd would still get paid regardless so he should shut up and be happy"

The shutting up part is correct but the guy is putting his boxing record on the line and he's probably scared that he'll lose and lose to a player that fought unfairly.

While I agree this is Mayweather's camp throwing another wrench into the match, it's not an entirely all that unreasonable.

6. Dei

Dei Member

If I was on HGH, I wouldn't agree to any blood test, period.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

If Pac Man doesn't like blood or needles, imagine his disappointment when Mayweather gets done with him. Oh yea!

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The heck is Mayweather gonna do, take him to a blood drive?

9. DoitDickau

What's wrong with olympic standard testing? Mayweather would have the same testing conditions so it's not like pac would been at a disadvantage. If Bolt and Phelps can have blood testing and still perform at a championship level, then why can't Pacquiao?

If Pacquiao pulls out based on olympic standard drug testing, then there are only three possible explanations for his actions:

1: He is doping and doesn't want to be exposed;
    2: He doesn't want to fight Mayweather and is using this as an excuse to back out or;
    3: He is destroying one of the biggest boxing matches and sporting events of this generation based on a silly superstition.

None of the possible explanations reflects well on him.

10. what

what Member

You continue to refuse to see or admit that Manny has accepted blood tests, the olympic standard was Mayweather's contrived clause. If Mayweather pulls out because HE doesn't get his way there are three possible explanations:
    1: He is doping and doesn't want to be exposed;
    2: He doesn't want to fight Manny and is using this as an excuse to back out or;
    3: He is destroying one of the biggest boxing matches and sporting events of this generation based on a silly clause that no boxing event has ever required

11. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Manny's excuse is a stupid one. He doesn't want a blood test on the day of the fight because it will weaken him. He isn't donating blood, its just a sample to test him.

Sounds like Manny is being a b**** about it. Just take the ****ing blood test and get it over with. Mayweather being adamant about it and wanting it his way is gay too. Both of these grown ass men need to stop b****ing and just do whatever it takes to get the fight going. I still feel as if its for publicity and build up but I'm getting annoyed by it now.

Manny give the blood and shut the hell up. Sit Floyd and Manny in the same room and let them talk it out. I'm tired of hearing Shaefer and Arum and Roach... they won't be in the ring that night. Nobody but Manny and Floyd should be talking.

12. lastmanstanding

1. How if Mayweather hiding anything?
    2. Debatable.
    3. He might start a new trend where olympic style testing is used for all fights which would be a good thing.

13. DoitDickau

um, Manny is the one backing out of the fight not Mayweather.

Let me ask you this. If Manny is willing to do blood testing, why not agree to the olympic standard testing? Other than the olympic standard being better at detecting performance enhancing drug use, what is the difference there? and what about that difference would justify backing out of maybe the biggest boxing match of all time?

If there is a difference in the testing, and if pac is clean, then why would the olympic testing not affect the performance of bolt, and phelps, and olympic marathons, and amateur boxers, and Mayweather, but somehow affect pacquiao's performance enough that he would back out of the fight?

#53 DoitDickau, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  14. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Some people here are either stupid or being an idiot. I can see Pac mentality. I would do the same thing too. If someone accuse me of cheating and forcing me to jump through hoops for them when I know I'm clean would totally p*ss me off. Seems to me team Mayweather is disrespecting Team Pacquiao and is pulling their string. If it was the other way around and Mayweather would be doing the same thing too if he knows he's clean and telling team Pacquaio to screw you. No way either team going to let the other team dictate how or what the other team tell them to do.

There's no way Pac is cheating. Moving up in weight is easier than going down. 140 is a perfect weight for Pac Man.

15. what

what Member

I've explained this more times than I care too.

Let me tell you this way: Tell you what, I'm going to allow you to continue to post on this topic, as long as before you post you run it by me first. If your posts are good enough there shouldn't be nothing wrong with that. If you are good you have nothing to worry about, just run it by me first. You in?

16. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

this is getting to ridiculous proportions. someone's either a marketing genius or they're just big babies. i hope it's the former. if it's the latter, who's more stupid?... mayweather insulting Pac's integrity or Pac not just do it. whom ever takes the high road and wins will look all that much better.

17. DoitDickau

if users running posts by you pre-posting is the standard on top internet message boards, then sure. If not, then you are as bad at analogies as pacquiao is at making excuses for avoiding real drug testing.

#57 DoitDickau, Dec 26, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  18. DoitDickau

Pac agreeing that the fight will have real drug testing (the standard boxing testing is archaic and rooted in '70's doping knowledge) adminstered by the industry leaders is taking the high road? Now he is even rejecting a mediation proposal. It seems to me a perfectly reasonable request by the Mayweather camp in light of what we've learned about drug use the past ten years. And I still haven't heard a good excuse over why Pac would blow up this fight based on this small legitimate issue.

19. Christopher

Christopher Member

I've gotta say, that this fight is being stuffed around because of drug testing....in boxing.....wow.....

I would be surprised if there is one top class boxer out there that hasn't used drugs, even over the short term, to at least get over injuries and be ready for a fight.

The Nevada rules are fine for the sport. A sport where the idea is to beat the crap out of your opponent until he loses consciousness......but heaven forbid they are hurting themselves taking steroids!

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What makes you say the Nevada drug testing is archaic, you just pulling that one out of your arse?

And, why is Mayweather pulling out this request now, but didn't do it for his other recent fights?

#60 Mr. Clutch, Dec 26, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009