1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON]Promoter Arum calls Pacquiao-Mayweather dead

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RocketMadness, Dec 24, 2009.

1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

It's 1 small vial sample. Make sure you are clean.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

so he is agreeing to the blood test (which never happens in boxing), but he is dodging the test in your eyes :rolleyes:

supposedly the urine tests are more accurate than the blood tests from what i had been reading. this is all just bs from pbf.

3. VanityHalfBlack

Who the hell would want their blood tested during a fight? Just get the damn fight over already!!!

4. foo82

foo82 Member

So is there something that would show up two days before but not immediately after the fight? Seems like Mayweather is just looking for excuses to back out. Pac never said that he won't do a blood test, just not one before the fight.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Read further...you have to draw blood if you want to test for HGH...doesn't show up in urine.

We're talking about the implementation of Olympic style drug testing. I can't imagine thinking that's a bad thing for boxing...unless you have something to hide. That's the way it appears.

And I can't imagine how anyone upset with this isn't upset with Manny. Superstition about needles?? Then why the hell does the man have tattoos all over his body? This is ridiculous.

6. what

what Member

I don't think it is about covering something up. I think that Pac is not going to be dictated to by anybody over there in Mayweather's camp. Pac has a superstar mentality and you can't come to him any kinda way.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

where did you read that?

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Manny does not have a superstar mentality. He is the most humble and gracious person you would meet. The people making a living behind his success are a completely different story. Not talking about Roach or Arum either.

9. what

what Member

I'd have to disagree. Watching the HBO 24/7 series where Freddie Roach talked about how you have to make deals with pac and tradeoffs. He said in effect that Pac used to be thrilled with a new pair of boxing shoes but now he wouldn't bat an eye. Manny does what manny wants to do. Roach just tries to keep manny on track.

10. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Manny needs to take the test. Floyd needs to quit trying to find ways to screw this whole thing up.

I felt the same way when I first heard this - a kind of 'why not just take the test if you have nothing to hide' sort of thing - but these:

are valid points.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

LOL...this is just more hype to build up the fight further. Too much money involved for it not to happen.

12. Landy

Landy Member

It's a psychological thing. We're talking about a sport where some boxers drink their own pee o_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKulXSlNH70

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i've read everything from "he's superstitious about needles" to "he's squeamish about needles." It's been in the various articles posted in all of these threads.

14. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4771718

What began as an apparent simple disagreement between the camps of Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. over how to handle drug testing for their megafight -- tentatively scheduled for March 13 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas -- has spiraled so out of control that the potential biggest money fight in boxing history was in serious jeopardy on Christmas Day.

Pacquiao, angered by accusations from the Mayweather camp that he uses performance-enhancing drugs, said he would file a defamation lawsuit against Mayweather and Golden Boy Promotions.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

:confused:

If you're so angry Manny, just accept the blood test and finish Floyd off in the ring.

There's a lot of dancing around between these two.

16. what

what Member

I still don't believe it has anything to do with the blood test. Manny isn't going to do exactly what Mayweather wants, regardless of what it is. If you read between the lines, it's not about being tested. It's about floyd's "special requests." Arum even said as long as Nevada is the one doing the testing he can bringh manny back.

This issue is about Manny drawing the line and saying Mayweather you can kiss my ass. I don't blame Manny.

17. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

And help Floyd get paid in the process? I can see if he's really angry he'll just say, screw it, Floyd can find some other way to make his money.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Who else is Pacquiao going to fight if he doesn't fight Mayweather. We all understand that, due to his financial situation, Floyd needs this fight moreso than Manny does. Unfortunately for Manny, he has no one worth fighting left. At least no one that can get him a big payday like this fight will. Pacquiao might seem like a humble guy to everyone (and he might be) but anyone who trains and adds/drops weight as much as he has to win SEVEN different weight class no doubt has an ego/record/reputation/legendary status to uphold.

I actually see Manny beating Floyd if they ever decide to go at it in March but what I don't get (like some others here) is why won't Manny just say "Okay, I'll go ahead with the blood tests and then I will go ahead and destroy you in the ring and erase your name from boxing history"?

People cite that boxing is a mental game and that the last time Manny had blood drawn that close to a fight was a fight he lost and those are good reasons but c'mon, if Manny's THAT mentally weak (which, from the way he's been destroying his opponents, seems absurd to even believe) then he had no business winning 7 belts.

1. Suing Floyd for defamation and never entering the ring and winning whatever money he gets out of the lawsuit. Continue to win belts and fight against boxers that don't have the same draw/stature like Mayweather does and retire without ever having that BIG fight to put a stamp on his boxing career.
    2. Taking the blood test, pass the test, repeating to the media that he's done EVERYTHING Floyd has asked for, and then go on to beat Mayweather further solidifying his legend.

Which one sounds better, Manny?

20. what

what Member

Manny HAS said he would submit to blood tests. I don't understand why people keep saying he's dodging a blood test. He is not dodging it. Manny isn't going to do it the way FLOYD wants it done.