1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron.com: Astros rotation set; Oswalt to start opening day

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by codell, Feb 22, 2004.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

2. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

and that is what is should be. Can't wait for April

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I do think that this is how it should be, as well. However, there is something to be said for some spring training competition. It forces everyone to work a little harder. I just think Jimah could have waited until at least everyone got to camp and threw a little.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Still tickets available for game 3.

I know this is how is SHOULD be, but Drayton is gonna get a few more $$$ now that its official.

Especially since I hadn't bought tickets till reading this thread, and now I'll be getting a chance to see Clemens first game in the NL and with the Astros.

Sweet...

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

It's pretty nice to have your opening day starter from 2 years ago as your 4th man in the rotation.

I look for Tim Redding to have a breakout season. He has sick stuff.

6. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

CLEMENS TO START ON 4/07

CLEMENS TO START ON 4/07 - It was announced a little while back, he's our number 3 starter!!! I can't wait!

7. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

....and I just got my two tickets for Wed night. They are going fast, btw.

I got possibly close to the last mezzanine terrace seats since they are up to section 409 now, which is about as far past 3rd base as you can get and still be mezz terrace.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Last time I went to an Astros game (last season) I bought a couple of Bullpen Boxes (section 152)seats for about $20 each. When we got there our seats were in the very back, the last row before the pathway for the food places. What sucked about our seats is that they were right behind the wheelchair access area. so there was only like 2 rows of seats in front of us, but the ground was flat and each row of seats was actually like 3. It sucked.

oh well, you can't win them all. Those I ordered through the phone via Astro's line.

Well, I guess what made them seem even worse (they were REALLY bad) was that the last game I attended I was in the second row right next to first base, I got Bagwell's signature.

...........sorry for hijacking the thread...........

That is the way I expected the lineup to be. It is a great way to bring in more $$$ for the Astros organization. Now game 3 is most likely to be a sell out too.

#8 Uprising, Feb 22, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2004
  9. stubbyc

stubbyc Member

Well deserved for Oswalt. He is one of the best pitchers in the game, and deserves the recognition. My only concern is that Clemens and Miller are very similar, which might end up hurting Miller going the day after Clemens.

10. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

Yea, but Clemens and Oswalt are also similar. Pettitte as the number 2 starter is probably the best choice.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

All these pitchers are similiar.... similiar in that they're gonna kick every team's a$$ throughout.

Domination 1-4 baby, with a nice little suprise in Tim at #5 = summary of how this season will go.

12. Nomar

Nomar Member

Ugh.

Clemens should have been cut.

But at least have Miller be 3rd.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Cut? What?! :confused:

14. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

bitter Red Sox fan.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

... who should be happy he won't be facing Rocket anymore. Instead, they'll get a possibly gimpy Kevin Brown, a rehabbing Jon Lieber, and a stud in Vasquez who's yet to pitch in a pressure situation/meaningful game ever.

16. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Actually he's just mad that Clemens loved the Lord of the Rings movies.

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I love this line-up...Oswalt deserves it and I hope his injury is ready for the long season...

Go Stros'!!!

18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

And Harry Potter

19. surrender

surrender Member

With Hernandez waiting in the wings, our rotation is going to be SCARY good.

20. stubbyc

stubbyc Member

Don't forget the top prospect we received in the Wagner trade, Taylor Bucholz.