1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Clemens' hard-to-miss orange Hummer stolen

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by dEVIL, Mar 23, 2005.

1. dEVIL

dEVIL Member

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3099394

By PEGGY O'HARE
    Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

The search is on for Roger Clemens' orange Hummer, which was stolen from the Memorial High School parking lot this morning.

Clemens' son, Koby, an 18-year-old senior at the high school, drove his father's vehicle to the campus this morning. He later noticed it was missing from the school's parking lot in the 900 block of Echo Lane near the Katy Freeway. School police believe it was stolen around 8:30 a.m., and said they have no suspects.

"It's the only orange Hummer on the streets," said Spring Branch Independent School District Police Chief Chuck Brawner. "This vehicle is kind of big, so they stand out."

Roger Clemens' former teammates on the New York Yankees had given him the 2003 Hummer as a going-away gift. The nearly three-ton vehicle has Texas license plates T63 CZP.

Clemens, 42, a father of four sons, has teamed up with Crime Stoppers to offer up to a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and charging of the person who stole the Hummer. Clemens is offering half the money, while Crime Stoppers is offering the other half, said Crime Stoppers executive director Kim Ogg.

Brawner said he spoke with Clemens on the phone this morning about the vehicle theft and said the baseball great is on a plane headed back to Houston.

"Well, he's not real happy about it," Brawner said of the theft. "He's leaving it up to us to get the job done."

Koby had been driving his father's vehicle to the school for several days, Brawner said.

Anyone who has information about the vehicle theft can anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

2. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

This is ridiculous. He was supposed to pitch in a simulated game today, why the hell is he flying to Houston? What's he gonna do, go canvas the area and try to find his vehicle? It's not like he can do anything the police can't.

He needs to focus on getting himself ready for the season. To someone like myself this would be a big deal but for someone like him who can afford to have a thousand Hummers if he wishes it's nothing.

3. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Since when does crime stoppers offer a reward for a stolen car????

isn't this what insurance is for.. I'd rather those rewards be put too umm violent crimes etc...

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Please include links for all article posts (I just now added it).

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He pitched his 5 inning simulated game this morning before he left.

6. droxford

droxford Member

They'll never find it. Right about now, that car is in a bazillion little pieces and on a truck bound for Mexico.

Welcome to Houston, Roger.

-- droxford

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

ummm..he's lived here virtually all his life.

8. FranchiseBoi86

Lol. I go to Memorial High School. There were reporters and choppers all over the parking lot. It was pretty funny. People made up rumors that he was getting Punk'd.

9. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

It's not surprising that the thief got away with it. I graduated from Memorial last year, and I don't know how many times I was able to just walk off campus in the middle of the day without being harassed. That dumb b*tch cop there does nothing but slow down traffic at the end of the day and give out parking tickets.

10. FranchiseBoi86

At least you didn't have to wait 20 minutes each day to wait for the buses and get out of the parking lot. The parking situation at Memorial sucks!

11. Houstonrocketss

Didn't the team autograph the hummer?
    I could have swore they autographed the dashboard or something.....

leaving the doors unlocked is asking for trouble in Houston...

Don't schools have outside cameras?

12. pcheung

pcheung Member

I'm with Rocket Fan. WTF is taxpayer money going to pay for the recovery of some celebrity's vehicle??? There are thousands of cars stolen every day, is there a statewide APB and matching reward for every one??? Ridiculous.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Looks like the Yankees wanted it back.

14. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

pcheung.. the more I think of it the more it bugs me.

He has insurance... why is there a 10k reward out for his car?????

Let's add that 10k to hmm umm helping catch a murderer or something...

15. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I guess I can see offering rewards if you want to catch the criminal...

I dunno, it just seems on my list of things to give rewards for.. stolen cars would be far behind a lot of other crimes... thats a pretty big reward for a car.

16. codell

codell Contributing Member

They found it.

Apparently, the vehicle had On-Star and they found it an an apartment complex on Bissonnet in SW Houston.'

BTW ....why does it seem almost every crime, murder, theft, etc. in Houston always have "an apartment complex in Bissonnet" attached to it? lol

17. fya

fya Member

That's tha hood.

18. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Hey I graduated from MHS last year, too. Who are youuuu?;)

The cops really do suck around there.

And yes, the parking situation with all that construction is, indeed, horrible.

19. benzman501

benzman501 Member

LOJACK!

you had it right Roger?

20. Phi83

Phi83 Contributing Member

Thats Hilarious!!! :D