1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Astros not interested in a Sugar Land affiliate

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Smokey, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Everytime I go there it is crowded.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You must be at the wrong Town Center.

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Even though it isn't an MLB affiliate, its still pretty cool to have.

4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The times I've been there it's been pretty dead...although the weather may have played a small part. Besides that, there are plenty of storefronts that sit vacant and there seems to be quite a bit of turnover in a number of the shops/restaurants. Just last weekend I noticed another store was going out of business. Sharper Image has been vacant for a few years I think. And Johnny Rockets (I think it was called) has been through a few iterations and is currently closed if I'm not mistaken.

As far as the stadium...I think the location could be advantageous... people in this area wanna check out some baseball and don't wanna drive all the way into town, it could provide a cheap option...but can the team generate any type of allegiance when it has to compete with a plethora of other sports teams in the city? I'd imagine I'll check it out a couple times for curiosity's sake, but I doubt I go any more after that...would be different though if it was an Astros affiliate.

5. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

As a typical baseball fan with a family of 5......I hardly ever go to the Astros game. I live in Sugar Land and I am thrilled to have baseball come to SL.
    When it all boils down to it..when you go to a game, unless it's a pennant race or the playoffs..who cares so much about what is going on the field..it's all about the fun.

I went to a game a few ago and was in a suite....I think I watched 10 actual minutes of the game on the field...it was about being with folks and having fun.

I will go to the SL games, not to root as some diehard fan, but to expereince REAL outdoor baseabll in a relaxing, fun environment.

I have family in Las Vegas..and they have so much fun at 51 games (a Dodgers affiliate team).