1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Nationalism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rox>Mavs, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

The scene of Trump protestors waiving flags of Jesus is sickening. Hitching Christianity to the wagon of any country, political party, or person is an abomination and tantamount to heresy.

To Those Who Call Yourself Christians and Have Overlooked Trump & His Radical Base in Order to Win the Culture War:
    I've made numerous attempts to understand the Southern Baptist church's enablement of childish behavior from the President and from his far right base. I get it. You wanted your Justices. You wanted religious liberties. Guess what? You got them and guess what? Nothing's different. Abortion isn't going to change because of a majority on the bench. Every thing beyond Supreme Court Justices is likely to be undone this year. And what's the price? Now the brand of Christianity is associated with far right Trumpism.

The Church is at least in part responsible for this mess, if not a large part of it. Even if you don't condone what happened on the Hill today, even if you're not a radical Trumper, your Christian nationalism and power grab to use Trump to legislate Christian values is what opened pandoras box. I'm ashamed to call myself a Christian if that's the brand of Christianity in America.

If that is American Christianity I want no part of it. I'll call myself something else just to differentiate myself from whatever perverse form Christianity has become in the US. But if you believe following Jesus means "taking a stand" and "fighting for the soul of this nation" just know we are not the same. You might think I am apostate as I do you. But for me and I know at least a good number of other Christ followers/Churches, you are following a brand of Christianity that is errant and not the same as the rest of us. I tried reaching for unity, to avoid division I was willing to overlook the errors of my fellow Christian. But this is where we've ended up and now I've reached a point where I have to say we follow different faiths. We do not follow the same Jesus. We do not believe and submit to the same bible.

We are a house divided and maybe that's okay. At least now I know what the American Church is actually made of so I can differentiate myself accordingly.

To Those Who Are Disillusioned Christ Followers or Those Who Just Think This is Who Christians Are:
    I'm sorry. This is not who Christ is and not the way He wanted His Church to be. You can hate the Church, I get it. You have a lot of reasons to hate Christians and frankly I don't blame you. But don't make the mistake of associating what the Church does today with who Jesus is. That's not the brand that Jesus intended.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Bravo! I certainly don’t understand how these Christians supporting Trump regardless of how he conducts himself claim to be on the side of God and Jesus. And, we all know Trump is about as religious as a turkey dining at Thanksgiving. Oh...but he shares the same values! Hogwash!

3. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Most Christians are evil. This is one of the truth revealed by Trump

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm a Christian Wood nationalist myself.

No Worries likes this.
  5. lpbman

lpbman Member

There are no true Scottsman I guess.

I mean, I voted for him, twice... cuz of the babies and evil Hillary. And it was ok when he was cheatin on his wife with a p*rn star while she was at home with a newborn. It was ok when children were put into cages and separated from their parents. It was really really ok when Pence and co made it rain stimulus. cash. But now I feel personally threatened and want someone to put humpty dumpty back together.

Not directed at OP personally but.... get f@#$ing bent.