1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Christian group Boycotts Ford and other companies.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sishir Chang, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I don't know if the American Family Association has been mentioned here before but they appear pretty active with a wide range of targets. They seem primarily to target companies that have marketed to homosexuals but are also targetting companies that have racy ads or even advertize on Desperate Housewives.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8047423/

Another swing
    of the pocketbook
    Christian activist group
    goes after Ford Motor Co.
    Ford Motor Co., in a magazine advertisement, offers to donate $1,000 to the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation for each Jaguar sold.

By Alex Johnson
    Reporter
    MSNBC
    Updated: 9:14 p.m. ET May 31, 2005

A week after they declared victory over Walt Disney Co., Christian activists have fired another missile in their long war against companies they think are destroying traditional American values.

The target this time is Ford Motor Co., which Christians should boycott as “the company which has done the most to affirm and promote the homosexual lifestyle,” the American Family Association says on a Web site it put up Monday, boycottford.com.

2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

These are the same losers that spammed the FCC with indecency complaints. PTC is another one - they submitted 99.8% of FCC complaints in 2003.

"For the children" - argh, what a load of tripe.

3. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

I'm a Ford Truck Man....that's all I Driheeeve!

4. waran007

waran007 Member

Reading about people like this and how they're able to decide what I can and cannot watch just makes me furious. How dare they consider what they're doing to be wholly American.

5. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

What's really frightening is the persistance of these goups. Even after they get 3.5 million dollar lawsuits against them.

7. flamingmoe

flamingmoe Member

I saw this a couple of weeks ago, that they were ending their boycott after 9 years. How they could declare victory is puzzling since Disney posted higher profits and kept all their "offensive" policies (gay couple health benefits etc etc) throughout the boycott.

8. wouldabeen23

I give you..The Crusades

I'm sure Muslims in the Holy land said the same thing after they trounced wave after wave of Christian Soldiers.

9. wouldabeen23

Photoshop Toby Keith as the driver!!

10. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Well, Ford will probably give in, since I am sure that a good chunk of their sales (mainly trucks/SUVs, which is where they make al ltheir profits pretty much) are to red neck Americans who are heavily conservatives and vote heavily Republican, especially right here in Texas.

On the other hand, I am not sure that gays and lesbians present a significant customer base for Ford, I don't think many of them drive F-150's ;):p

11. tigermission1

LOL! nice analogy:D

I guess fanatacism serves a purpose after all!

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

My Dad bought one of the first of these sweet creatures to enter our fair state. It was a 64 1/2 gray fastback, with a 271 hp. V-8, automatic, red interior, and an AC that would freeze your nuts off. God, he loved that car, and I did too. When he let me borrow it, I used to sneak a friend into the drive-in through the little opening that went from the tiny trunk into the fold-down back seat. I blew the doors of my cousin's 400 hp. Pontiac one night, shocking the hell out of him, and with a bunch of the gang watching and/or riding. Those were the days of iced down beer in the trunk and good times.

What a car. Those wackos can kiss my Ford lovin' as*. Hell, I may have to break down and buy one. My Japanese imports run forever, but they don't have the style that Mustang and a lot of the other cars had back then.

Damn sickos.

Keep D&D Civil!!

13. tigermission1

SWEEET!:cool:

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I owned two of these bad boys and still walked away.

[​IMG]

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

McMark, the luck of the Irish?

I'm sure Jorge would rail against modern tort law and or regulations that would force Ford to do that $5 repair to keep the gas tank from exploding. He would see it as a restraint on the free market and the first step on the slippery slope toward Communism.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good lord... at least my '62 Vomit Comet, with it's lame 6 and two speed automatic... I got beat by mopeds... heck, she was built like a small tank. Didn't have a seat belt. I remember when it died. The engine glowed cherry red in the dark. :(

I could never understand why Ford named a car after a bean.

And they, Detroit, lost their collective minds during the OPEC crisis in the '70's. Never quite got over it. Lost a lot of their sense of style and quality. Bummer. Don't even talk about the '80's.