1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Says James Harden Will Be MVP And It’s ‘Not Even Going To Be Close’

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Feb 3, 2018.

1. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

What would be the qualifications of Harden potentially winning it?

There's no clear cut MVP to me this season.

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Simmons isn't bad actually. He was a Harden prophet last year. He's just rightfully pointing out that it's early.

That said, screw him... #MediaConspiracy

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

????

It's a resume of team success and individual achievement, right now no one is close to touching James Harden. KD and Steph cannibalize each other's chances to win , we witnessed firsthand why Lebron won't win tonight, and who does that even leave? Giannis' team is not nearly good enough, and RWB has under-achieved individually and team-wise with superstar help, and it seems fans have grown "triple-double fatigue" when it comes to him.

Right now it's Harden and no one else is in the ballpark. Yeah, at this point last year it seemed like Harden was the favorite and we know how that ended, but this season is completely different. Would take a major injury or a serious surge by someone else

RocketRoller and D-rock like this.
  4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

He did, good column. Seems like anyone that actually took the time to think out the debate came to the conclusion that Harden was the deserving MVP, but triple doubles, man.

BigM and bilaal14 like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

No clear cut MVP??? Lol, seriously?

Harden is far and away the frontrunner right now, that’s obvious.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I really dislike that people all of a sudden acting like Harden became a willing passer.

He’s always been a willing passer, but now he has a coach and a team around that uses his best traits to his advantage.

The season where everyone points to as him being selfish was Dwight’s last year here. Dwight did not want to play this way. Dwight would’ve been amazing playing the Clint role but he didn’t see it and McHale and J.B. either didn’t see it or couldn’t get the team to play this way.

Harden has gotten better no doubt but a lot of it is simply better coaching/system and teammates.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes earned it being runner up 3-4 years in a row

i know it isnt logical but thats how mvp award basically works

s3ts likes this.
  8. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Only other person close in the MVP voting to me should be Kyrie, but can't justify Kyrie winning it with Isaiah Thomas losing.

If Harden wins it, cool, but just the previous MVP races where he was runner-up seem like there was a stronger argument.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Are you serious???

RiceRockets, s3ts and buffalobills!!! like this.
  10. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

There's no overarching storyline this season as far as MVP at least compared to previous seasons.

Harden, Kyrie, Aldridge would be my top 3 in any order.

11. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Unless they'll be a co-regular season MVP between CP3/Harden or Harden regular season/CP3 post season?

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is the clear and obvious MVP this year, this isn’t complicated. Co-MVP for what?

DonKnock, djperm, RiceRockets and 3 others like this.
  13. vlaurelio

howbout your boy Kyrie LOL

14. vlaurelio

do you even watch basketball?

DonKnock and RiceRockets like this.
  15. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Two NBA MVP caliber players shunned for "basketball reasons?" I don't know. Best way to appease all parties while solidifying both legacies, more so CP3s.

Kyrie is young, but just can't justify it. At least not yet.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I get Kyrie I guess but Aldridge?

The Spurs while decent are not winning nearly enough to warrant mvp consideration.

Media won’t even have him in the top 5.

Harden is avg over 31 ppg with 9 assist and 5 rebounds 2 stls and almost a blk a game while shooting 45/39/86 with a ts% of 62.

Highest PER in the league and only 1 game back in the loss column to a team with 2 former MVPs under 30 yrs of age with 2 other allstars.

Cp3 have almost missed half the season also.

Harden narrative is extreamly strong. It’s his award to lose and seems dull because nobody else really has a narrative for why they should win it.

Lebron was nice at first his stats were fantastic and he reeled off 18/19 games and got the Cavs to a game or so out of 1st place. Now his play has gone down And the Cavs are closer to the 9th seed than 1 seed.

Curry or Durant have the strongest case outside of harden and even those guys of being honest would tell you harden deserves it.

Guys been 2nd in mvp 2/3 years and at worst would be 2nd this year if something stupid happens.

Me just saying that makes me wonder how this guy keeps getting left off most people’s top 5 players list.

Been by media’s account the 2nd most valuable player in the league for 4 seasons straight and isn’t a top 5 player? How does that add up.

Scarface281 and Mr Chuck Norris like this.
  17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

It’s actually like 60% through the season. ASB isn’t halfway its last stretch of the season

DonKnock likes this.
  18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Well so far he is leading the race and it's not even close, the guy is freaking ball out of his mind and we are winning and only 1 game back in the loss column of the warriors, if we finish number 1 this season he has the clear cut and it ain't even close, but if he maintains his performance level throughout the season and we end #2 and our record isn't far enough from the warriors (which most likely will happen), well he'll get the clear cut, the way the guy is playing is on another level and no is even close to him.

s3ts likes this.
  19. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Is there something I'm not understanding?

20. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm already preparing for dumbass media to start saying we Capela is better than Dwight, CP is better than Steph, trying desperately to discredit Harden.