1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Says James Harden Will Be MVP And It’s ‘Not Even Going To Be Close’

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Westbrook had no business being in the conversation. He was a ball hog that took bad shots and routinely made a habbit of padding his stats. He didnt make his teammates better in any way, in fact he made them worse... case in point look at what oladipo, kanter, and sabonis doing since they left westbrook. Honestly, if they weren’t going to give it to Harden, the only other player that deserved it was Kawhi...yes pop probably had more to do with the Spurs success as evidenced by this season but best player on a 60 win team deserves more merrit than a stat king on a mediocre team. Harden on the other hand truly made his team better. Even the most optomistic pundits and experts had the Rockets winning maybe 45 games if they caught some breaks, but instead Harden puts up a historic season and leads the Rockets to 55 wins, a gentleman’s sweep, and despite the awful loss in game 6, could totally have beaten the Spurs... without Harden, last years team would have maybe won 20 to 25 games, but with him they get in position to reach the WCF. Look at the spurs, even without KL, they arr sitting at the third seed this year. OKC is doing roughly similar to last years team, despite adding what is now a big 3... only further strengthens the case for Harden last year. Yes, I am a hardcore Rockets fan amd there maybe a degree of bias, but I truly believe that giving the mvp to a Russ last year was not only pure garbage but it sets a really bad precedent....especially considering how easily the Rockets beat the Thunder in the regular season and playoffs..

DonKnock, s3ts, ilovehtownbb and 2 others like this.
  2. theimpossibles1

Anybody else get the feeling CP3 is feeling a little hungry for attention?

First the "I was trippin" thing now this.

Nothing wrong with supporting your teammates of course, but it IS a little early to be calling the MVP.

I question his timing. Chris isn't used to being option B and it is making him uncomfortable.

Kendrick Lamar, Mazulis and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Rockets have played 50 of 82 games. 61% of the schedule.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i am ok with it... cp3 deserves all the attention

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

For James' sake, I hope his MVP hype doesn't peak too early. We've seen how that goes.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

You now have faith :eek::eek:

djperm likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

It’s Harden’s time!! My man is due.

djperm likes this.
  8. threepointshot3

How does it go? Last season he got to njured in the last month of the season by busting his wrist. It wasn’t form drop off due to normal
    Circumstances it was a bad injury.If he stays healthy he will get it this time around

djperm likes this.
  9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I just can’t figure out WHY he’s so hated. Is it’s the beard?

Bids9 likes this.
  10. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I love CP doing this, nothing wrong with building your stars confidence, while showing the trust you have in him.

djperm likes this.
  11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

1. James Harden didn't sign a Nike Contract in the offseason in 2016, that's why Westbrook had more media attention with Nike, Michael Jordan presented an award etc. 2. James Harden personal life of partying, drinking after games, sleeping with trashy women, and women took a picture with him in bed on Instagram, Dating Khloe Kardashian who is a married woman to Lamar Odom regardless when he is at the Bunny Ranch, they were separated but not officially not divorced. 3. He has a beard which looks like a Muslim guy. 4. His game is boring to most people, no explosive dunks like Westbrook. 5. He draws too many fouls with around 20 free throws a game, which makes fans angry and causes a lot of boos on the road. 6. He wears a unlucky 13 number. 7. His personality is awkward, downer type, his voice is monotone 8. He looks overweight and lazy. 9. He played through a concussion Pau Gasoline gave him in Game 4 later He played dazed and confused in Game 5 and Game 6, the Media of course twists things and say he quit on the Rockets and fan snapped a photo of him after Game 6 Clubbing, Drinking, Partying, which let a lot of Rockets fans down. 10.Media hatred for him is beyond basketball, it honestly is his personal life, Drinking, Partying, Bad Women.

#31 rockets1995, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Houstunna likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Awesome. Would be easier to read your awesome post with a few paragraphs. :eek:

Elephant810 likes this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You know what's making him uncomfortable? He has played in 76 career playoff games, the most all-time by a player without a Conference Finals appearance.

So imo that's all he cares about is playing well as a team and achieving playoff success and winning a 'ship. Hopefully a 'ship in his 13th NBA season.

djperm and Houstunna like this.
  15. theimpossibles1

All I said was I had a feeling. Maybe he is trying to pump James' confidence. God knows he needs it:rolleyes:

16. threepointshot3

What a load tripe... sounds like thats how you feel and think others do via projection.

thedreamsteam likes this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Maybe he's just calling it like he sees it.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Classic case of overthinking. CP3 is just showing appreciation of his teammate. Do you think Westbrook was attention starved when he defended Paul George?

mario_v, Vivi, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  19. theimpossibles1

You might be right. I think of myself as an optimist so I like your logic.

#39 theimpossibles1, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    djperm likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i am sure it a lot of it has to do with the beard