1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Oct 18, 2017.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

All these teams either got much better or are playing better this season and will be fighting for a playoff seed.

Rockets, Clippers, Grizz, Spurs, Wolves, Blazers, Jazz, Nuggets.

And then you have the Warriors, Pelicans and Thunder playing like crap right now but you'll see at least two of them in the playoff seeding for sure barring major injuries.

The East also has many improved teams with young talent

We can't afford to be sitting CP3 if he's healthy and just babying him like Joel Embiid. Unless we don't care about the seeding at all, we need to play our best players.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah I hope he comes back soon .

Too much strain on Gordon and harden playing big minutes which translates to our wing trio because they have to pick up some of Paul minutes ... Plus dantoni loves playing small ..... Plus Anderson sucks .

The best thing about picking up PJ and Luc is that we thought we could limit some of Ariza's minutes and have him guarding not the best player all the time and hopefully that would help his shooting .

Well with Jackson being a dumpster fire and Anderson being trash , we have to play Ariza in the high 30's when he's clearly lost a step and needs to rest more .

Blows my mind

Hakeemtheking and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

worrell said 3 weeks minimum tonite

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Let CP sit out until we finish all the Memphis games.

Chalmers is dirty as hell, no need for him trying any more of his bullsh*t antics.

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

CP posted a picture on Instagram story of him working out in Charlotte. Not sure if that’s news but hopefully he’s getting close to 100%.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

all was looking great and promising then cp3 took an arrow to the knee. thanks chalmers.

DonKnock, SamFisher and napalm06 like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[​IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator

Daddy Long Legs, DonKnock and Nook like this.
  8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen Rose said yesterday that Paul will be out 6 weeks instead of the reported maximum of 4. Wouldn't be surprised at all if that turned out to be the case.

amaru likes this.
  9. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Why does the time frame he'll be out keep changing? First he was day to day then it was 2-4 weeks now it's possibly 6 weeks. I'm concerned this is more serious than a bone bruise.

amaru and kevtse like this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

D'Antoni said Paul's sore left knee will be re-examined next week in Houston after Paul and Ariza miss the remaining two games of the trip.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That's not an official timeframe given by the Rockets, just "insider" speculation on Jalen Rose's part. The pessimistic side of me is inclined to believe it though.

DonKnock, amaru and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, nothing is official yet. But our team has that tendency to downplay an injury. I don't think this one is serious, but if they change the time frame to six weeks, then I'll be reminded of the "D-Mo is working hard to get back on the court, see this picture of D-Mo diligently working out?, (next day) WHOOPS! update, looks like D-Mo is out for the playoffs."

amaru and mfastx like this.
  13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

That's not encouraging at all. CP3 being out is such a huge blow. He's a 9x all-defensive PG who posted a PER of 26.2 last year. We're kind of handicapped without him. It's tough watching Jackson or Canaan stumbling around out there instead of a HOF player like him. I get we need to be super cautious with him, but our record and play will suffer until he gets back.

amaru likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, the fact that they suddenly signed two pgs makes me a bit pessimistic abuot a quick recovery, i just hope it's nothing serious...

amaru likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Sounds to me like they are just checking on the progress. I wouldn't take that as negative. In fact it could be a positive. He might be feeling better.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

They signed Canaan because they didn't have faith in Jackson right now in those "Harden-less" minutes.

They signed Weber to a 2-way because they wanted to utilize the 2-way. And he is a prospect. I dont see his signing having anything to do with the CP situation.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Hard to watch highlights of Bev balling while our portion of the trade is in street clothes.

Cash Cam likes this.
  18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So Mario huh? Is that why the beard was extra mad at him

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

CP3 update.

DonKnock and amaru like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

The timeline was always an estimate of how long someone usually takes to recover.

I am fine with him being out 6 weeks if he will be healthy.

He doesn't need to be playing back to backs even when he comes back.

The most important thing is to have him healthy down the stretch.

Paul is no longer a young player, he needs to be properly monitored and playing less, but meaningful minutes.

Daddy Long Legs and DonKnock like this.