1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul is actually tradable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bevo202, May 12, 2019.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

FIXED

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No CP3 did not do that this year, and Morey should not be banking on it next year either. I’m saying it’s just possibly the best hand he has to play in a likely coming cold streak where the house has the odds.

And I’d love to trade him as well, but I just don’t think it would be possible without giving up at least 4 first rounders and not getting back much in talent. Morey essentially moved Ryno for one first rounder but his contract was not nearly the size that CP3’s is.

I think the perfect player to co-pilot the ship with Harden is Paul George so I agree that elite wings are the major investment areas Morey needs to focus more on. Particularly the 3/4 type who can switch everything, and has great length/athleticism. Where we can get a Paul George type (broke mans version maybe) I really don’t know.

I’ve said it before but I think the front office is a bit too cocky with the notion that 3 and D wings are going to continue to fall from trees because everyone is just dying to play with Harden for the min. Hence how cocky they were about the Ennis signing where they were patting themselves on the back that they found a guy for nothing who was a younger version of Ariza... until he became unplayable.

3. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

So that he can turn around and leave us? Harden has been incredibly loyal, AD has shown he lacks that trait. Why would you want to do that?

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

As for CP3 - I don't think he's so untradeable …. I don't believe you get even money in return but getting out from under that contract is huge.
    CP3 is still a capable point , just not a good fit here , I don't think it takes all those picks to dump him (I could be wrong). Mainly because you are going to have to take back a bad contract in the deal ….

I think a team that's young and on the fringe of the playoffs might take him …. Maybe Charlotte if they cant retain Kemba Walker ?

Philly could use a quality point …. don't ask me what you get in return.

What about the Lakers …. Dallas ?

They got damn lucky this season in the buyout market …. Rivers and Faried , you cant expect that to happen again. Sucks that we really cant expect to keep either one of those guys.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  5. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

I like van Gundy. If he wasnt broadcasting and away from the game I would'nt. I would like to see mark Jackson on the staff

Landsdale likes this.
  6. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

tongue in cheek? :)

7. pippsux

pippsux Member

I'm open to names, was hoping we could squeeze a title out of this style, but that window is closed.

8. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I think it would be awesome to have both

ballsohard likes this.
  9. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Showed heart that last game. Played like a old man but when it counted, he shut my ass up.

10. eman

eman Contributing Member

I hope we keep him. He’s really good. Maybe not as great as he once was, but he’s still got it as of a week ago. What we really need to add is an all star power forward. Love PJ, hope we keep him, but no amount of hustle kept him from being a fingernail away from securing rebounds, far too often. Hopefully Clint will improve, but we need all the help we can get defending and rebounding. Harden for AD, and sign Redick, that’s my summer wish list.

11. amaru

amaru Member

Because if Paul had even been average this series might have gone differently. He was terrible

12. TilmanFinancialWindfall

CP3 was traded for Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, but deal failed because CP3 refused to play for the Warriors.

What history could have been

"

the Warriors attempted to trade Steph Curry and Klay Thompson for Chris Paul in 2011. It was far from the only time Curry was shopped, but in this instance, the deal was very close to completion. Myers made the offer and Hornets GM Dell Demps was receptive. The catch was Chris Paul, who wanted out of New Orleans but had no intention of playing for the woebegone Warriors. Paul told the Warriors they could do this trade, but he wouldn’t be staying when his contract was up at season’s end.

The Hornets weren’t the only organization to narrowly lose out on the deal of a lifetime. According to one GM, “The Warriors were blind lucky that they were unsuccessful in trading Steph and Klay together for the stars they offered them together for,” he said. “There were many, many people they tried to get and failed.”

"

BigBum likes this.