1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard: I hope Rockets get swept, they symbolize everything wrong with society

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan2017, May 2, 2019.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You are missing out.

It's a very objective breakdown of everything that is wrong with the Rockets and he backs it up with plenty of statistics.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My best guess is that they hate us for Moreyball. Analytics professionalize the sport and looks to eek out every advantage. For some people, who would like sports to be about athletes thinking and performing in the moment like some sort of art performance, making a plan by the numbers really ruins their enjoyment of the game. You can see it in Broussard's stupid complaints -- the Rockets won't shoot midrange because it isn't efficient, they seek foul calls because it has the best efficiency, etc. Morey probably has statistics on how complaining affects ref calls too.

I understand the complaint. There is something artistic in watching a game -- you wouldn't watch robots play basketball. So a defeat for the Rockets could be a defeat for analytics and maybe it'll prove his hunch that, all else equal, a free athlete can beat one governed by analytics. There is some sort of John Henry fantasy at play here. But, analytics will help teams win games. The Rockets might be the posterboy for 'what's wrong' with the league, because it's the team that has most embraced analytics, but it isn't like all the other teams aren't also doing analytics, and it's not going away, even if the Rockets do get swept.

harold bingo and smp like this.
  3. Handles

Handles Member

If that’s his hunch he’s a bigger idiot than initially thought. We both know this isn’t “all else equal”. Just look at their all-star studded roster compared to ours. The fact that these games are even close can be attributed to the analytics actually being successful. We’re out-talented and we’re still in these games thanks to analytics.

4. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

*shrug* At least he's honest. The guy has always been a jackass front-running prima donna who licks the balls of the NBA's anointed few and now he's just admitting it to the whole world. Literally nothing he says is interesting or well-reasoned, and his "sauces" are almost always wrong, but he thinks he's hot #@!$ because he gets to be on TV and pretend he's buddies with LeBron and Giannis and Curry, etc. (seriously, I work in journalism so I know the type). The great players will be remembered, but in 20 years literally no one will give a $#!% about who Chris Broussard is, what he thought, or where he vanished to.

slothy420 likes this.
  5. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I don’t watch these shows, I don’t click the videos here and I don’t give one flying f*ck what that idiot or any of the others say about us OR any other teams and my life is better for it.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

People hate Harden and Paul for all of the same reasons that they give Curry and Durant a pass.

They're demonstrative with the refs, tough to guard, annoying to officiate, and seem cocky to opposing fans. People demonize it in Harden and Paul but glorify it in Curry and Durant.

We just have to deal with it.

7. alethios

alethios Member

@tinman needs to send another turkey vulture to his office.

BamBam and tinman like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@hakeem94: I hope Chriss Broussard gets fired, he symbolize everything wrong with BSPN media

alethios and ryano2009 like this.
  9. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Multiple Sources

10. macan

macan Member

good thing i did not click on that, don't wanna ruin my day

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Better than living in LOF bubble.

12. cebu

cebu Member

Lord of Fire, we pray that you shower this man Broussard with dragon fire or roll over a firestone tire on his neck.

13. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Well said!

Tfor3 likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Curious. Why don't think I'm a LoF?

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

clicked on dislike video and closed it

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Im cool, let us be the villains.

BeBreezy and steddinotayto like this.
  17. edwardc

edwardc Member

Chris Broussard symbolizes what’s wrong with society and a hack of a reporter.

18. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I honesty feel like Chris when Houston looses. It’s getting very old watching MDA have zero adjustment skills and run zero plays. It’s also getting very annoying how Harden can’t show up in the PO. If MIL wins it this year you almost have to wonder about he and MDA.
    With all that said I honestly hope they can trade Capela for a C like DJ who will actually try to dunk everything and block everything. Not a b**** of a C that plays like a JV girl.

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

“The refs don’t owe you anything!”
    Except to call the fouls that occur, they do owe us that!

“I’m not hating, but I hope you get swept!”
    Yeah, there’s no anti Houston bias...

20. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Enough with the self-righteous attitude, lurch. Every time I see a post from you, you are disagreeing with someone. Science has proven, that Chris Broussard is indeed a stupid moron. It's as clear as the law gravity or the NBA's disdain for the Houston Rockets. If he were to be hurt somehow, all of us would become a little smarter.

Lurch likes this.