1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard: I hope Rockets get swept, they symbolize everything wrong with society

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan2017, May 2, 2019.

1. smp

smp Member

People outside of Houston (and many inside Houston) don't like our offense. People like to watch motion offense with everyone moving and touching the ball. They like MDA's offense of 7 seconds or less. They like high FG percentages vs high EFG percentages. They don't like dribble out the clock isolation and try to draw FT's. Nobody wants to see a FT shooting competition. Nobody likes players who try to draw fouls. Players who seek out fouls, even if they are actually getting fouled, aren't appreciated.

So the bottom line is that NBA fans and former players don't like the game we play. I like the wins we get from it but I don't really like the system either. That's my take anyway.

Cuongzilla likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Chriss Broussard is everything wrong with ESPN sports commentary

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

A common stat that Rocket detractors use a lot also is the fact that Harden is the only MVP who has had more ft made than fgs in an MVP season.

Clutchfans posters need to realize that Harden isn't liked because of "analytics" or being a "bad person". They don't like his game. It's not aesthetically pleasing to them. They cringe when they see a player make more fts than fgs. You can't force people to enjoy his game. And they feel that Harden has a sense of entitlement when it comes to whistles when he gives up on defensive possesions just to whine to refs when they percieve that he already gets more than enough calls in his favor.

#63 fchowd0311, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Cuongzilla likes this.
  4. shlhl

shlhl Member

Wow This Guy poops from his mouth.

BeBreezy likes this.
  5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

He should have his mvp voting rights taken away. It’s obvious he cannot be objective

Reeko and Emanuele Braghetti like this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Chris Broussard sucks, always have and always will.

7. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

he actually voted for harden over curry and voted for him last year

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There are a lot of people out there (media and fans) who really wish for the Rockets to fail miserably.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

yall only seeing one side, how much hate yall have on clutchfans it would be a million threads here wayyyyyyyyyy more hate than jazz fans had if we were going against harden just FYI
    yall would complain more than ever

this ismt all true but atleast half is, Harden is good but every year he starts flop more, its the truth

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Our guys whine a lot, play a less visually pleasing brand of basketball and don't have rings.

We're not the most hated, we're just less liked the champions and the bigger cities.

Cuongzilla likes this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Judging by a number of threads started after game 1, we don't even have to wait until the series is over to witness that.

12. MystikArkitect

The clickbait hot takes are getting harder and harder to listen to.

I don’t even bother listening when they talk positively about the Rockets anymore either. They just flip flop the next day anyway.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

EF this guy

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Rockets fans need to blow his twitter up

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That just soft. Rockets fans need to put out an APB on him if he shows up in H-Town.

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I stopped right after he said the Houston Rockets or what is wrong with society

86 him from Houston

Reeko likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This douche bag represents everything wrong with Journalism . . .

Rocket River

King1 and slothy420 like this.
  18. Zergling

Zergling Member

We may not like it, but there's a bunch of people in the media that quietly agree with this.

All Morey can do is build a winning team and shut them all up.

Cuongzilla likes this.
  19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

All the more reason I want the Rockets to win the series, because Broussard represents everything wrong with sports talk.

And if the Warriors don't represent everything wrong with basketball currently, I don't know what does. Team building through acquiring all the top players...that's what's right about basketball today? Really?

And what do the Rockets do that's 'wrong'? Iso? Been there for decades. Shoot threes? Ditto. Curious..why is ok for the Warriors to shoot a lot of threes, but when the Rockets do it it's 'wrong'?

Broussard, like almost all of them, is a fooking tool. He couldn't win a sports debate with a mannequin. I would say puppet...but he is one.

I'd be really curious to see how players actually view him. I'd be willing to bet he's the guy that tries to hang out with them but most of them think he's a leech and wish he'd just go away. Most of his sauces are probably the other players or hangers on who also aren't really part of the 'in' crowd..which he desperately wants to be.

slothy420 likes this.
  20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

why would fans of other team hate us because we're a threat to the Warriors?