1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard: I hope Rockets get swept, they symbolize everything wrong with society

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan2017, May 2, 2019.

1. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Bookmarking this for the next time some media type scoffs at the idea there is a bias against Houston.

slothy420 likes this.
  2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Kyrie can talk mad **** about his team for two years straight and still be loved by the media, Harden makes two comments in his entire career about the officiating and the house is on fire.

I'm perplexed.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He plays an old man game that makes old men furious and jelly

BigggReddd likes this.
  4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Funny thing is, if PJ Tucker had planted his underneath Durant while closing out, he'd be leading the charge crying about how teams are trying to injure the Warriors. Meanwhile, LEBRAAAAN is out home so Broussard can't lick LBJ'S boots this year.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Didn't watch, but already know Broussard has been talking out the side of his neck for years.

He needs a beating.

BamBam and bj3175 like this.
  6. YaoMingsSoulja

His animosity towards the Rockets is unprecedented. The referee situation was a little over the top, but to build up so much hate for an organization that you have absolutely nothing to do with is just baffling to me. Dude needs a break from himself or something, god damn take a vacation.

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Not clicking.

BamBam likes this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Chris Broussard, who is meme-famous for making news up, is talking about fake news and flopping.

Chris Broussard, who should not have a job as an analyst, is talking about entitlement.

Chris Broussard, who in 2013 decided to declare another man not a Christian, is talking about integrity.

That's hilarious.

RichieBanks, joshuaao, J.R. and 5 others like this.
  9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I see a lot of people throwing shade at us after being down 0-2. it's like they've been waiting for our downfall so they could come out of the woodwork.
    It's a ****ing sad time man, it really is, I hope we can turn things around and hopefully tie up the series but I am at the point where I really feel like we cant beat this team after we were robbed in game 1. really depressing times man. smdh.

10. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I'm 1000% sure it's ESPN. In today's day and age no one has their own opinion. People are completely glued to ESPN, and whatever they have to say. Every time I talk to anyone of my friends or family about the rockets, their arguments against them are always sounding like something Stephen A or kellerman would say. A lot of casuals actually believe whatever is said on these hot takes are those people's actual opinions, when obviously these "debates" are scripted to appeal to the masses. Whatever ESPN idolizes or decides to be as an abomination (rockets), all of their mindless fans will follow and take it as established fact. No one wants to actually think for themselves, just go with what the big "news" company says and join the fun s**** on rockets train

11. MD_in_Training

You know what... F it. I also hope that we get swept by the Warriors, because we never had a chance. The media hates us. The public hates us. Silver and his cronies hate us. We would NEVER be allowed to win a championship. The more of this bias I see, the more I am convinced that even if CP3 didn't go down last year, they would have upped their efforts to rig the game against us.

What we have become is "the bad guy." We solely exist so that the audience can cheer for the heroes of the story (Golden State) while we provide some suspense and opposition. We are the Joker, Bane, Thanos, Apocalypse, Night King. If anything, we exist just to give justification to the Warriors' fake championships. So that if someone criticizes the unfair advantage of 5 Allstars, they can say "no, look at Houston almost beating them."

F them. F the NBA. I hope their ratings continue to plummet after our series is over.

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Sauces clearly tries to appease his inner demons.
    He’s a 3rd class sports journalist, AND HE KNOWS IT! :cool:

slothy420 and Houstunna like this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

These Idiot Shows are destroying players reputation.

Stephen A Smith was so angry when Durant signed with the Warriors, now he Loves Durant, how much did Nike and ESPN paid him off.

Emanuele Braghetti likes this.
  14. PWR

PWR Member

The Rockets need a Bill Lambeer type of leader in the locker room. When the media turned against the Pistons back in the day, Bill led the charge to say f##k the media & haters, and embrace being the Bad Boys.

I really want one guy on this team that ain't with the bulls##t, and sets the tone. You hurt our superstar...we kill yours.

15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

That neck talking is what got him fired from Espn. The guy is not credible. More than likely his problem is that maybe CP3 or James pointed out some of his failings and it led to Chris being called out by people that he works for and he is salty.

Houstunna likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Mr.Sauces talking about fake news is actually funny.

As for the rest, not even worth getting mad, when he literally says the Rockets are "representing so much of what is wrong with society today" i don't know, it's really not even worth to consider the rest.

Shouldn't even post this crap here and give him/them clicks.

joshuaao and slothy420 like this.
  17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Seems to be pretty common. You would think fans of this particular franchise would completely understand the analytical approach, and yet it’s clear as day on this message board many people still don’t get it and even more don’t like it.

Reeko likes this.
  18. Entropy

Entropy Member

Because the Rockets are like Neo and the NBA is the Matrix. The Rockets represent change and a breaking away from the old mold, and it pisses off those who want the status quo. They hate it. Harden isn't a diva, so they can't profit from hot-take media stories like they do with Westbrook's erratic behavior. They hate it. Harden isn't a genetic freak that can jump out of the gym, but he mastered his skills through hard work. They hate it. Morey's analytics throw transparency on the corrupt dealings of the NBA, so they get bad publicity because of it. They hate it.

The system rewards those who play by it's rules, and does not take kindly when you attempt to establish your own. The NBA will never let the Rockets have a fair series while Adam Silver is in charge.

19. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Sad part is that this is how a vast majority of society is today when it comes to their day to day lives too.. not just sports.

dreamshakin likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You must live in a bubble if you don't know why people hate the Rockets. And no it doesn't have to do with the city of Houston.