1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China banning the NBA - Who cares thread?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 8, 2019.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Strange how we agree so much these days.

DD

smp likes this.
  2. DaDakota

During that 2nd world war does it talk about how much the USA helped China? Do you know about the Flying Tigers?

DD

tinman likes this.
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't care. All I care about is watching the rockets win.

tinman likes this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Did you also learn that around 50 million people died because of Mao's policies. You suffered more from your own hands than Japan's. Not to say Japan wasn't evil. We did nuke them twice for a reason.

malakas and tinman like this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

I react with "who the ****s care what Morey believe" or " good opportunity to educate Morey on his mistake".

I have lost grandparents to Nazis as have most europeans.

SMFH the Chinese are under the pure delusion they are the only people in the world who had suffered against foreign invaders.

DeadGato likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And I also want Clutchfans to be back to normal
    And if possible, free of fake fans

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish an alien invasion comes sooner than later

malakas likes this.
  8. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I can watch NBA games. China can't. Too bad!

Spacemoth likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Can anybody help me? I'm trying to go to the GARM, but I keep ending up in the D&D.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Can we ban all logins from Chinese IP addresses on Clutchfans? I would like to see an ESPN headline, "Rockets Fan Site bans Chinese Members."

12. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

these is really not much mention of US in chinese history books, believe it or not, US is never an enemy of china, we just know u guys bombed Japan which helped end the world war 2, these is no mention of flying tigers as well at least when i was in school. The only time that we fought against u guys, is when u guys tried to invade Vietnam and we were just trying to help vietnam which is like a little brother to us at the time

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Give the dude a break. He already said that was ALL that they learned in their history books. He didn't say that's right or wrong. He just said why they reacted the way they did.

You guys keep pounding on things that the people there did not choose. Try for once imagine what it was like being born and raised in China.

At least he said that they really cared about the Rockets and it wouldn't have been such a big deal if it was tweeted by somebody else. That should be something we treasure as Rockets fans.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Everyone should listen to the Bill Simmons podcast with the WSJ guy on this topic. Bill Simmons obviously has talked to a lot of mainlanders who have given him their spin on the whole "Hong Kong protests are a separatist movement" propaganda speech. But the other guy admirably adds in a lot of salient points, the main one being that, in every other situation where China has stiffed a corporation over its legendary level of thin skin, the corporation has bowed down and eaten its pride in order to continue maximizing revenue that the Chinese market can provide it.

The NBA might be the one exception. It's a multinational global force, and one of its founding principles is freedom of expression of its most prominent members. There is no competition to the NBA; it provides a unique product that cannot be replicated. China might be biting off more than it can chew here, in that their people will manifest some degree of discontent over their actions to smite the NBA at the expense of their own population's pleasure. The NBA has a good deal of leverage in this regard. Keep running a hot product out there, which this year certainly looks to be, with a complete free-for-all in the race for the championship. The superstars will continue to be larger than life, and Chinese companies will not be able to completely abandon their sponsorship deals with Lebron, Curry, and Harden. As long as the NBA remains mum for a while, China will come back like the over-reacting girlfriend that had a massive PMS attack and now is pretending like nothing ever happened.

15. DaDakota

Really? No talk of our assistance in the War with Japan? No talk of us supplying your country with weapons and training to help against the Japanese?

We were CRUCIAL to China in WW2.

Can you see this link: https://china.usembassy-china.org.c...tates-china-world-war-ii-operational-outline/

Lots of good stuff in there about the truth of cooperation between our two countries and how the USA helped China hold off Japan.

Also, in Korea it was USA vs China.......

DD

16. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Wh
    Who does China think they are? They didn’t create the game of basketball and now they trying to run how it is being done? Fk that. Punk a55 communist China men I swear. Little scrawny punks trying to strong arm. Shouldn’t even have let these guys have contracts with the nba and now they got viewers and people that watch the games they trying cut the us out and privately play their own games. They used the nba to promote and market basket ball in china now they making money they trying cut the nba out and this is perfect time to do so using Morey as a scape goat

tinman likes this.
  17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

The truth. Even if Morey didn't delete the tween nobody would have known about it. Now we see how crazy the Chinese propaganda machine is. They get stuck so hard in the authoritarian mindset that even a small tweet that nobody would have ever cared about becomes a big deal.

Williamson likes this.
  18. smp

smp Member

Come on man. You are speaking of China as though it’s a single person. I am 100 percent sure there’s some Chinese fans that want to watch the Rockets and can’t because your government banned the NBA over one man’s opinion. It’s absurd.

If you don’t like what Morey said, or the fact that the NBA won’t censor him, then YOU don’t watch. But give everyone the freedom to choose. Don’t impose a ban. There’s no need for a ban if everyone in China is pissed because nobody will watch it. Right!? But you know that’s not true. MANY people will still watch so the tyrannical government has to ban it to keep EVERY citizen in line with the party groupthink.

Once again, the Chinese government is proving the point HK is trying to express. The individual doesn’t get to decide what he likes or doesn’t. The individual can’t decide what is offensive or not. The individual doesn’t get to boycott or not. The government decides that for you.

You have it backwards my friend. Not the West.

malakas likes this.
  19. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

over 90% of the fans support the ban in an online poll in China. Please don’t comment on something you don’t understand....
    [​IMG]

20. malakas

malakas Member

wow an online poll in state controlled chinese internet and social media! That settles that.