1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Childress weighing offer from Greek team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TurtleBonzi, Jul 21, 2008.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It has been fairly obivious to a lot of us that was the case. Now Sam in his maniacle ways is trying to get him banned again.

Brilliantly spoken sir.

DD

2. The_Nine_Gates

The FIBA rankings include JUNIOR tournaments. You know like high school players. The FIBA rankings also include tournaments from 10 YEARS AGO! They also crazily give the same weight to Oceania tournament, Asian tournament, Africas tournament, Americas tournament as they do the 3 levels higher Eurobasket tournament.

It's sad that you would even attempt a counter argument based on such an absurdly stupid rating system.

3. DaDakota

I thought you had him on ignore, he is just trying to get you banned.

Oh well, you have been warned......good luck this time around.

(Grabs popcorn and takes a seat)

DD

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes - if you recall when we had this argument last year - even if you exclude the points from the junior tournaments - the USA is still the top ranked team.

5. The_Nine_Gates

An accurate, truthful, and reasoned post. Seems a rarity on the boards whenever "barn ball" (according to Sam) comes up.

6. The_Nine_Gates

Ignore doesn't help when everyone else in whatever thread you are in keeps quoting the guy. I gave up.

7. DaDakota

Hopefully my last attempt.......

Nine,

The fact that you even KNOW about "barn ball" gives clues away as to your true identity.

I like your posts, when you are not arguing with Sam, you add to this board because of your extensive knowledge of Euro ball.

Why let someone like Sam get you all riled up and eventually banned? It is what people like Sam like to do.....

Just let it go, put him on ignore and realize he is just trying to get you banned.

Let it go....let it go....just post valuable insights and you will be fine.

DD

8. The_Nine_Gates

And if you do not go back 10 years they are not. And if you do not count the new upcoming cycle they won't be unless they finish higher than Argentina, Greece, and Spain.

Just think Sam, you are talking a lot now but if the US loses at the Olympics the cycles are 10 years long. When the new cycle comes up you will have 10 years to wait before you could ever make these claims again.

9. The_Nine_Gates

Can you please explain to me why SamFisher is never banned? The guy that posts lies, nonsense, and personal attacks, plus insults other countries and cultures he is NEVER banned. But anyone that he personally dislikes for whatever reason gets banned. Even though it's just him attacking them for no reason.

Since you have been here for a long time can you kindly explain why I and others would be banned or worried about it, but him, the one breaking all the forum rules is not?

10. DaDakota

Not for me to say, nor to worry about. This is Clutch's place, he decides what is and is not valuable.

And frankly I think he does an outstanding job.

I have seen Sam warned plenty of times, when he oversteps his bounds.

In all honesty, Sam has some great takes on politics, energy and other topics, and can be quite funny when he is not playing "hard to like"

Why let it bother you, just talk hoops and enjoy this great place called Clutchfans.net

DD

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's actually true. I wouldn't want to see him banned, really.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"IF IF IF"....And if your Aunt Vasillia had a moustache she'd be your Uncle Vasillios.

I'm just going by the rankings I see on the website - if I have to wait 10 years then I guess I will just cry a river of pain and despair.

13. The_Nine_Gates

That doesn't in the least explain why I should be worried about being banned simply because SamFisher is insulting me left ad right all over the place and because whenever the subject of basketball outside the US comes up he posts lies and manipulations all over the thread, then attacks anyone who corrects him on it and gives the accurate information. If he, the one doing all the insults and attacks is not banned, why would I be worried about being banned when he's doing all that and not and I am not doing that?

You are implying I should be. I don't understand. And it's a problem I try to ignore him and hooroo because they kept posting nonsense and making some kind of false accusation and everyone kept quoting them. I should have to ignore you also just to keep from seeing these posts? I don't understand.

I also don't understand how looking through this board that Sam accuses the user poprocks of also being me. How exactly is this possible and how many simultaneous users am I and poprocks according to Sam and hooroo?

Why should I be worried about being banned when users like them are the ones posting such you know what? I am asking seriously, explain it to me. I would be banned because SamFisher decides to attack me? is that the criteria? Is SamFisher a mod or an admin?

14. DaDakota

If you notice, I never quoted Sam....not once, in fact, I editorialized his posts to avoid that in case you actually did have him on ignore.

You can ignore him with the boards tools, or have enough personal control to ignore him, either way, it makes the boards better.

I am not saying you will be banned, just saying that if you are BBall Scientist, which it looks like you are...then you have been banned before and should try to learn from your mistakes.

One of the biggest is to argue with Sam about opinions.....don't take it personally or seriously, any rational person on here understands what Sam is trying to do.

Just let it go, this is an internet message board, and it is all based upon opinions, there is no right or wrong, just massive shades of gray.

I am trying to help you here Nine.....because I enjoy your takes on Euroleague, you know a lot more about it than anyone else on this board....

If you get banned again because you are arguing with Sam in a circular manner (and believe me, I know about that) then it will lesson the BBS in general....IMHO....

DD

15. poprocks

poprocks Member

Wish Childress would play for us. Oh well, FIBA is looking more and more like the old ABA but with a financial advantage to the ABA. The ABA was run by the skin of their teeth and flew by the seat of their pants financially. FIBA ball has some deep pockets and the added advantage of the Euro to Dollar disparity.

16. DaDakota

The real question is how long will that disparity last?

Because IIRC, the European economy has more debt than the US one....

Either way, if Obama gets elected and the dollar rebounds this may be more of a blip than an exodus...

But, it is going to be fun to watch.

DD

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Sorry man...I agree with ya on some things but I can't on this one. I have been to Athens. It is not a nicer place to live in than Atlanta (I lived there for 4 years). No way in hell. And when you put things into perspective and consider the fact that Childress is a young black male (heterosexual or not), I can guarantee you he will have a lot more fun in Atlanta than Athens.

18. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Because, unlike you, SamFisher doesn't melt down on the BBS and threaten lawsuits against other posters. (And no, you're never going to live that one down.)

19. DaDakota

Nine,

Vescey makes a great point.....just go with the flow......this is the internets after all.

DD