1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicken Sandwich Battle] Chick-fil-A versus Popeye's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Who has the better Chicken Sandwich?

1. Popeye's

2. Chick-fil-A

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What was she even mad about? She deserved something but that's a little excessive for an elder person. Dumb + dumb = bad situation.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

She's apparently only 55 and was mad about her bill or some BS.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't think saying shitty things means you deserve to be slammed on your head, in fact, it's illegal and it's why that guy was arrested and charged. People are allowed to be pieces of **** and say piece of **** things, that a part of free speech, the lady ****ing sucks, but it doesn't justify her being physically assaulted. Cuss the lady out, call the cops on her for disturbing the restaurant / for harassment etc whatever, but you can't slam someone on there head over words.

4. Two Sandwiches

I mean you can, as long as you're willing to accept the consequences.

I should rephrase. I don't think the last deserved it, but I think the come uppance is absolutely hilarious. People like her thrice on talking the talk, but she screams bloody murder soon as she is lifted in the air. One extreme to the other.

5. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Churchs use to have a bomb Spicy Chicken Sandwich

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven’t been to a Church’s in 20 years. I completely forgot what Church’s tastes like.
    I actually don’t like fried chicken, though. I always feel like crap after eating it and the breading takes away from the meat. I want to like it but always end up disappointed afterwards.

CFA has an amazing grilled chicken sandwich.

Air Yordan likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, so many things wrong with that video. People getting paid min wage don’t deserve that treatment. It’s just a ****ing sandwich. Somehow hype landed people in a rotten situation where everyone is a little uglier.

As for whether that lady deserved bodily injury, a better question would be whether you would face jail time for doing it yourself.

I’ve started to notice with internet spectacles that most of the judging I do is sometimes colored by how I felt by the act. I liked the “show” but deep down it’s rotten that a real person got romped on, so...

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yep, both parties unnecessarily ate **** on that one.

9. Asian Sensation

Yeah. Going to jail, dealing with fines and having a felony assault charge on your record is totally worth it just cause you couldn’t keep your cool. What kind of man physically attacks a woman over words anyways? Sometimes you just gotta brush **** off.

10. Buck Turgidson

HOUMA, La – A man who told police he stole an electric scooter from a Walmart parking lot because he was too drunk to drive his vehicle to a nearby bar now faces felony charges related to the theft.

A Terrebonne Parish Sheriff’s Office deputy spotted the electric scooter parked between two cars outside a bar more than half a mile from the Walmart around 12:30 a.m. on November 3.

The officer spoke to the bar’s security guard, who identified 32-year-old Brice Kendell Williams as the man who had arrived on the Walmart scooter.

Williams told the officer he didn’t want to drive his own vehicle to the bar because he was afraid he would get a DWI, according to police.

Instead, Williams was arrested and charged with unauthorized use of a moveable, which is a felony.

https://wgno.com/2019/11/05/tpso-man-steals-electric-scooter-from-houma-walmart-to-drive-to-bar/

Two Sandwiches and da_juice like this.
  11. Two Sandwiches

I didn't say it was worth it, but you can do it, as long as those are the consequences you're willing to face.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Thought Justin Bieber settled this debate last week.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

went again on Friday, I noticed they had about 20-30 pre-made sandwiches sitting under a lamp so I asked for one without pickles hoping to get a fresh one and I did.......it was really good, I like the crispiness. At the end of the day its just a chicken sandwich but I would eat it again. Better then CFA this round

donkeypunch likes this.
  14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I finally had a chance to try it. The line was already around 10-15 cars in the drive thru and I could tell the lobby was empty. I walked right in, got my sandwich in under 2 minutes (staff was busy and wasn't tending the register). I had finished my meal faster than it took some cars to get through the drive thru line. What a bunch of suckers.

It was okay. Decent for a fast food chicken sandwich. I got a premade one so it wasn't super fresh. The batter was crispy but had their mild flavoring. The spicy mayo was good. I wish they used the spicy batter on the sandwiches, but I could understand how difficult it'd be to make two different sandwiches.

The disappointing thing to me is I wanted some mixed chicken to take home, but they weren't making only. They were only cooking sandwiches. That goes along with my earlier point that the restaurants can't keep up with the demand for multiple menu items. I'd order it again, but no way am I waiting more than 10 minutes for it. Some fools are waiting 30+ minutes.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No line at the Popeyes by my house. The sandwiches looked great and were crunchier, juicier and spicier than the smushed Chic-fil-a ones. Better bread and pickle too. Pretty sure it's because it was made fresh and that Popeyes is brand new.

I'd say it's better than the Chic-fil-a one because of it. Chic-fil-a has a quality control problem now. Used to be their sandwiches were always hot and crispy but not anymore. Too many customers.

16. SuraGotMadHops

Smart man.

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Damn...... How many pieces did he order? I thought the rage was the chicken sandwich?

That dude is behind the counter, he definitely deserved it.

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I finally tried one today at the Popeye's they just built near my work. I got the spicy one and I would have to say, it was better than the Chick-fil-A sandwich. I haven't been to a CFA in about 2-3 months because the last few times I went, I got a **** piece of meet that was smaller than the bun. I can understand if it is once in a blue moon, but it was happening more times than not. If Popeye's keeps this quality up, I will gladly eat one of these a few times a year.

REEKO_HTOWN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I just had my first at the Montgomery Popeye's on 105. No line, great sandwich. We ordered a regular one and it looks like the only difference is the sauce. Nice sized sandwich, chicken was moist and the outside was crispy. Now.. if they could make the fries more like the ones at Five Guys.