1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chicago trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bag0b0y, May 29, 2004.

1. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

With all the talk about Tracy going to Houston I still believe we could do better to improve our team overall. I would be happy to know we're bringing in one of the top talents in the NBA to Houston but is he what Houston really needs? He'd be a great sell no doubt and he has playoff experience but the last time I remembered we broke off what seemingly resembled a dynasty in the making we added a superstar of similar hype (insert charles barkely) and we saw our team scraping to win. I'm not comparing tracy to charles at all or our current team to the championship teams of yester year but I believe we could make a trade with chicago that would compliment our team alot more than JUST Tracy.
    If we could pull a trade with chicago that could net Hinrich and Chandler that would bolster our lineup. Van Gundy is already a fan of Hinrich and he's been improving at the point steadily. He would bring a lot of stability to that position as far as leadership and directing plays. He's not a player unto himself so you know his assists will be high and I believe he'd make a great floor general overall. With Yao still not showing signs of demanding the ball as much Hinrich would take charge. Point guards are supposed to take command anyways. I know kenny smith back in the day knew how to be a point and i have no doubt in my mind hinrich is already better than him. I see hinrich as a star in the making and his unselfish play is exactly what we need on this team...Chandler on the other hand would play next to yao as a power forward and give him the protection he needs. He maybe not the brusing player envisioned to protect Yao but from seeing him play a few times he seems to have the mentality to play the position effectivley and seems to be a high emotional characther that could juice up our team. He could manage to grab every other rebound Yao misses. He still is young and at a point where he could turn things around after a few average years in the leauge. Remember when everyone was about to write off jermaine o' neal after 200 years in the leauge and nothing to show for it? Then he turned it around. I think chandler has similar talent as o'neal and could end up being an all-star.
    I'm sure because mcgrady is uber hyped up that's what most fans would want to see happen more than anything but i don't believe a team is made up of just one player. You have to have the right players in the right system and the cohesiveness to win a championship and i believe hinrich and chandler would improve our team more because they fit better in van gundy's system more than mcgrady would by himself.
    :p

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

McGrady > the whole Bulls team.

3. fatman510

fatman510 Member

Its called a paragraph...you've got three em, now add about 10 more

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Hinrich is not being shopped.

5. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

I only want Hinrich. But that's a dream on my part. But first thing is first: Getting McGrady.

#5 DavidS, May 29, 2004
    Last edited: May 29, 2004
  6. huby_n1

huby_n1 Member

Bulls this year has a 23-59 record, and Magic? 21-61

7. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

OK, so the Bulls are 2 games better than McGrady...:D

8. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Remeber superstars win championships and most of us dont think yao will ever reach superstardom, only a valuable piece of the puzzle. Hinrich and chandler would probably make us a better all around team, but I doubt we could go all the way with them.

Tmac is that one superstar that could take us to the finals with the right help which is yao. Pieces can always be added once we have tmac onboard. Tmac would take the load of yao so much and let him develop at his own pace, while yao will take the load off tmac since he will get more open shots.

The inside out game would work so much better when we have such a great midrange and 3pt shooter in tmac. Tmac wont be missing open jumpshots like SF.

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

By most, do you mean a tiny, nearly insignificant minority. I am sure there are many who think that Yao might not become a superstar, but I think the cast majority think that he has a good chance.

10. Ying Yang

Ying Yang Member

This not correct! Are you Steve or Mobes by any chance? Most other things you are saying I like.

11. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Apparently, I'm one of the few that think Yao will be a superstar.
    Regardless, I do think Hinrich and Tyson would be a great pickup, but I wouldn't be upset getting TMac or keeping SF. I think in all three situations, next year we are past the playoff contender status and into the championship contender status. It all depends on Yao's development and conditioning.

12. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

not most. but i agree with your assessment.

it wouldn't surprise me if Yao never becomes a superstar. he may be a league below, like a Ewing or a Mourning.

however, TMac is a bona fide superstar. which is why i don't understand how anybody can justify not wanting to trade Steve, who is not a superstar, for him.

13. hpscc

hpscc Member

I could see the Bulls trading Chandler(though supposedly Chicago is very impressed with his offseason workouts so far), but I don't see the Bulls trading Hinrich at all. Paxson is in love with the way he plays the game.

14. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

While I generally agree with you, it's worth noting that the Bulls played Jamal Crawford a lot and even some at SG with Hinrich. In addition to Paxson liking KH, I don't see Steve Francis as a Paxson or Scott Skiles kind of player, either.

However, IMO CHI would have to be tempted by an offer that involved Francis and Mobley and Hinrich and Chandler where they received Mobley (sliding Crawford back to PG) and a quality Small Forward while Francis went to a third team.

15. drpepper

drpepper Member

EXACTLY!!

I think the most reasonable(and believable) trade we make will be with CHI.

I honestly forsee us sending Francis, filler(with probably our second rounder) to them for K. Heinrich and the third pick aka(Luol Deng) The thought of Francis and Crawford in the backcourt with Crawford able to play some one is pretty impressive. We get a very solid PG and fill our need for a true three. I could forsee some great Luol-Carmelo playoff mathups for many years to come.

my 2 cents...

16. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

this is basically what doc said. All Kirk and a rebuild for a few seasons.

question is could you add enough after grabbing Heinrich and the #3, to parlay the #3 into the #1 (or take a different approach) to also take Okafor?

Heinrich (future star)
    Mobley
    JJ
    Okafor (future star)
    Yao (star)

could be dang good down the road. Should T-bag change his mind and stay at Disney World, or the Rockets blunder the opportunity to nab him (one of the two I suspect will happen) then this is a strong team for the future. Hey I'm a doc believer and I don't believe he would conjure up a bunch of Troy Barros/Rocket Guy rumors on the fly...

And if there's any truth to JVG bagging on T-Mac it might be to help keep the brass on the course he wants to take --- Kirk at all costs, or JVG is the master of disguise.

17. hpscc

hpscc Member

I really have doubts that Chicago is interested in Francis because like Gater said, he doesn't seem like a Paxson or Skiles sort of player. Both of them love Hinrich anyway at PG, and a Francis/Crawford backcourt, while very exciting, would have two shoot-first combo guards which isn't an ideal situation.

Also, if the Bulls traded away the #3 pick then they still would have their hole at small forward.

If Deng is available at #3, I forsee Chicago taking him to fill their small forward need, resigning Crawford, and going to bat next year with a starting lineup of Hinrich, Crawford, Deng, Chandler, and Curry.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree with hpscc. Chicago doesn't need Mobley and Francis won't fit with Crawford.