1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cheesiest ROCK song ever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Drewdog, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

My vote:

Rock and Roll Fantasy by Bad Company

Just heard this driving and was wondering what they were smoking when they wrote the lyrics to this song.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Oh Mickey

Rocket River

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Rocket River, notice that Drewdog capitalized the word "ROCK" in the thread title...Of course Toni Basil was cheesy! EVERYTHING from the 80's is cheesy, that's what makes 80's pop so cool...The video had a bunch of fat cheerleaders in it! :)

For my money, "I Wish You Were a Beer" by The Cycle Sluts From Hell is the ultimate cheesy song...

Yes, that is a real band and song...They showed it on Beavis and Butthead one time...I even have an MP3 of it on my computer

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Rock you like a Hurricane - The Scorpions

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Don't forget "I Want Candy"- very cheesy song from 80's

6. Curly

Curly Member

Warrant: Cherry Pie

Hot Chick...terrible song...terrible riffs, terrible lyrics, but I'll be damned if I didn't crank it up in my '72 Skylark when it first came out.

7. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Oh yeah my second selection is: Poison's "Ride the Wind"

The chorus goes something like this:

"Ride the wind, never coming back until I touch the midnight sun"

YIKES!!!! and to think in 8th grade I thought that was good music.

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith.

I think that's what it's called.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"Bang your head" by Quiet Riot. I hate that cheezy ass song.

LOL

10. Band Geek Mobster

I'm not saying this is the cheesiest song ever, but I always found "Jump" by VanHalen to be VERY cheesy...

11. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

anything by REO Speedwagon... I can't remember the actual song title (thank goodness)...

Cory Hart- I wear my sunglasses at night...

12. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Goddamnit, Freak, here you had the perfect chance to say, "Everything since 1992", and you blew it! :D

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Funny, I like both "I don't want to miss a thing" and "I wear my sunglasses at night" a lot...

I think songs by Bonnie Tyler are quite cheesy...if anyone could consider that "rock"...

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think the song by REO Speedwagon you are referring to is "Keep on loving you"... I used to like that song, too :cool:.

15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Try the Soundtrack to Dazed and Confused parts I & II.

Part 1

Part 2

Highlights include:

Low Rider and Why Cant We Be Friends by War
    No More Mr. Nice Guy and School's Out by Alice Cooper
    Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo by Rick Derrenger
    Show Me The Way and Do You Feel Like I Do by Peter Frampton
    and
    I Just Want To Make Love To You by Foghat

There is enough cheese between these two albums to make Wisconsin feel inadiquate.

16. Thimble41

Thimble41 New Member

You know Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll (Part 2)"? The "Hey!" song from every sporting event in the last 10 years? (Not to be confused with the "Woo-hoo!" or "Yeah!" songs by Blur and 2 Unlimited.)

Well, there's a Part 1. Just like the second, except with inane lyrics on top of the horns. Chorus: "Rock-n-rooo-ool! Rock-n-roll..." repeated 3-4 times. The verse lyrics are fairly unintelligible, and I can't seem to find them on the Web, so you'll have to make them up yourselves. (I'm sure they'll be an improvement.)

For some reason, my otherwise favorite radio station has a nasty tendency to play this. A now-defunct local alternative station would occasionally play the far superior Time Lords version of the song, which had unauthorized samples of the Doctor Who theme and Dalek chatter integrated into it. (Of course, the Time Lords got sued so badly that they changed their name to the Kopyright Liberation Front -- later abbreviated to KLF, under which name they released "3 AM Eternal" and "Justified and Ancient".)

As to the other choices, Drewdog and BrianKagy are pretty dead on IMHO.

17. Isabel

Isabel Member

Wow, always wondered what KLF stood for. Never realized they were the same ones that did the Doctor Who song. (anything to break the monotony of the "Hey" song... next time you hear it played somewhere, sing along "It's the only song they know, It's the only song they know") Around 1992 when that other KLF stuff came out, I thought it was a little too weird, but now I kind of miss it.

As for cheesy "rock" songs... warning, do not read this post if you have a weak stomach:

Spandau Ballet ("You know this much is true...")

"Who can it be now?" (repeat ad nauseum) from Men At Work

Any old tragedy song (there were a bunch of them in the 70's... I don't think you want to be reminded of their names)

Who was that other REO Speedwagon-sounding band... oh yeah, Foreigner! "I want to know what love is... I want you to show me..."

That song that goes "Fly like an eagle, to the sea."

There was a really horrible song on our local "K-WUSS" radio one time called "Another Auld Lang Syne." Maybe it thought it was lite rock, though it was... easy listening, or rather unlistenable. I think the target audience was over 50.

Can't believe I haven't thought of more... I will as I'm subjected to them on the radio.

18. deepellumrocket

One song that has always made me want to regurgitate my lunch is "Champagne Supernova" by Oasis. This song was the beginning of the end of Oasis being taken seriously as a Brit-pop contender. Definitly Maybe and (What's the Story) Morning Glory (excluding aforementioned track) are both great. Everything since then has been ****e. Most revolting is the following line:

Slowly walking down the hall,
    Faster than a cannonball.

Good job Noel, you got it to rhyme!

19. Curly

Curly Member

Put down the crack pipe. Every one of those songs are all time greats....but that's just my opionion of course...and maybe anyone that is over 30.

20. Curly

Curly Member

Foreigner was outstanding. I saw them in 87 along with ZZTop.

As far as "Fly like an eagle, to the sea"....how dare you criticize Steve Miller Band that way. You have no idea what you missed if you can't appreciate these songs or groups. Wish you could have been there man!