1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch2 video] McGrady says knee injury is for real

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Feb 11, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The SOURCE is the key, if you watched the video, they even asked Tmac if he knew what the organization had said...and he was like...uh..no....

Something fishy is going on here between the organization and Tmac, all is not as it seems.

DD

2. spiritwalker

spiritwalker Member

Yes, we should LISTEN she said but by your EYES ;)

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

where's docrocket when you need him

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

you think that will fix the joint pain? that won't fix the pain if there is something wrong with the joint. the muscles need to be strengthened due to atrophy if it has occurred from lack of use. this is done to prevent future injury. i know you like to play a doctor on clutchfans but take it from someone who has had serious knee injuries...strengthening the muscles will not fix joint pain.

disclaimer...i know t-mac is a drama queen and an injury waiting to happen but i believe the guy when he says he is hurt now. i have the same sort of issue with the cartilage in my knee. the mri didn't detect anything wrong but i know there is something torn because i can feel it. the more active you are on it the more it hurts.

5. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

What the Hell. The new MRI shows no change from his previous MRI. Repeat, no change. Yet somehow all this drama springs up--talk about a season ending injury. Talk about microfracture surgery.

Isn't anybody else wondering where all that talk came from?

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

but he agreed with what they said. there is no "new injury," which means there remains an injury.

idk what's going on. but i agree tracy should sit out this whole year and come back next year.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think Cod was necessarily pointing at you.

Whoever is happy about bad things happening to TMac (or any player) IS A HATER by definition.

Correction: There are two players we should celebrate if they were injured -- Karl Malone and Scottie Pippen.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

like i said to DD...i know exactly how t-mac feels. he needs to have surgery done but doesn't want it done. trust me...i understand this. you don't want more **** done to you if you have been injury prone.

9. t_mac1

not from tracy. he denied ever being told of being out the whole year.

it's obviously someone in the organization leaked this to ch2.

10. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I hear there are certain procedures that surgeons perform that are similar to things done during microfracture surgery, but its not nearly as serious. Its sometimes done during a routine scope.

So maybe a doc said he could use a clean up that may require certain procedures used during a microfracture surgery, and then everyone panicked.

11. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Go back and read the Ch. 2 story. They source some of the quotes to somebody in "McGrady's camp".

12. leonking

leonking Rookie

You turst Tmac, why should I trust you?

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Rest and comeback for the playoffs. If he can't do it in the playoffs, I think that he will probably have more surgery.

To me it is very credible that he can have a condition that feels good if rested, but hurts and gets worse when he plays at a level nobody on this bbs has experienced.

14. t_mac1

yea i read it several times. i don't see anything from "McGrady's camp" anywhere.

and Hilltopper stands behind his story. and we don't know what will happen yet.

let's see.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

microfracture is very specific. they take an instrument and make your bone bleed in order for it to scar over to form "cartilage" aka just a scar that acts similar to cartilage since it protects the bone but actually will wear away relatively quickly.

what was probably said is that they needed to scope the knee (which is a minor procedure since it only involves sticking a camera in there) and that microfracture MIGHT be needed if they found something wrong. when i had my 2nd acl reconstruction that was how it was laid out to me. they didn't know if microfracture would be needed beforehand but when they got in there the doc knew it needed to be done.

16. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Did you miss this?

"Andrews advised those close to McGrady, that a microfracture surgery should only be used in a career saving situation."

The Rockets say the MRI shows no new damage, no change. This whole thing is ridiculous.

17. angrykitty

angrykitty Member

After seeing the presser, I think something is going on besides Tracy being a drama queen (although I still think he is). Earlier threads said MRI shows "nothing wrong", but what i am hearing is that the MRI shows "no change" pre surgery or post surgery. Maybe they were not upfront with the public about the extent of his injury from the beginning. Could there be damage that has not improved by the surgery as hoped? For example, if cartilige is wearing down, it does not grow back and you end up with bobe on bone grinding in the joint which is very painful and won't jist get better with rest.

18. worzel gummidge

http://blogs.chron.com/jeromesolomon/2009/02/post_74.html

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol i could give a damn if you trust me. i am just speaking from a position of experience that few on the message board have. please raise your hand if you have had 2 ACL reconstructions and microfracture done!...robbie raises his hand... as i said in my disclaimer if you actually read it...i know t-mac is a drama queen and an injury waiting to happen but that doesn't mean the guy isn't actually hurt and in need of surgery to fix the injury.

20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

how hard is it to drop the mcgrady issue and focus on what they do have right now?

I hope T-Mac makes a quick and full recovery no matter the route he chooses from here, and it's pathetic how the majority of the board has treated him this season. Before you say we pay for his salary by going to games, consider how you would like it if you worked hard at your job every day and all your co workers did was hurl insults your way.

As for the deadline, they need another backup wing, a more athletic SF/PF/C type to match up with jump shooting bigs and possibly an upgrade on shane/rafer.