1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CFB Texas Tech at #2 Texas

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ajsports23, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I remember hearing that to get Whaley to commit, we had to guarantee we wouldn't offer any other RBs the position. So I assume that we were courting Whaley before offering Christine Michael the spot first.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

LOL. Yes, things are setting up for a nasty beatdown when Texas plays powerhouse OU. It's not like OU's quarterback has his throwing arm in a sling and already lost a virtual home game to freakin' BYU... oh, wait! :rolleyes:

Yes, the Longhorns must be terrified of the impending doom against big, bad OU.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I'm just curious as to where you went or are going to school?

4. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

He went to Rice. He is the most notorious UT hater on the board. If there is any thread related to UT, you can bet your bottom dollar that he will respond with some sort of "UThug" or "not impressed" post.

Probably the most predictable poster on the board outside of those in the D&D.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Michael openly stated several times that he was interested in UT but Mack decided not to offer. If UT surely wanted him like you said, why wouldn't Mack just throw out the offer? Mack did the same thing when we did not offer Calhoun who was the #1 RB in the country.

6. ItsMyFault

Oh I see... well Rice hasn't done **** in sports...

7. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Baseball is still a sport, right?

8. ItsMyFault

College baseball is among the lowest watched out of the 3. Honestly, Rice is not a premier sports school... thats all I wanted to say.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Do you, or did you, attend UT-Austin?

Just curious

10. ItsMyFault

No, but does it matter? I'm not the one here that likes to derail the 'Horns out of personal pleasure.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Honestly, UTSA is not a premier sports school - way below even Rice.

Besides, I pretty much have become a Florida Gators fan. Tebow is the man and your teams cannot compete with him. Sorry, brah

12. ItsMyFault

UTSA is stupid... I didn't choose to go here... they don't even have a football team. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you and go back and forth, I just want to know why you like to do what you do? Why do you dislike UT so much? I mean if it's like a rivalry factor, that's fine, I understand, I just want to know.

13. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I'll answer it for you. It's because "UThug" has so many hard criminals playing for us (although less than the Florida Gators... hmmm). Also, because Augie Garrido and Mack Brown personally stuck Tim Tebow on the cross.

:rolleyes:

14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

It's also pretty stupid for you to trash his school back, when the school he's offending isn't even your school. His Florida analogy is pretty dead on (I HATE Tebow though, ugh.) - I mean you even have Hook Em Horns in your signature!

I know many will disagree, but I have a problem with people die hard rooting for a school they didn't go to. It's fine to be a fan, but another thing entirely to trash other schools and promote your fantasy school.

15. Major

Major Member

I find it fascinating that anyone would care what school another person roots for, or how hard they root for it. Of all the things to have a problem with, this seems amongst the most absurd.

16. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Because I can have a friendly rivalry with someone who went to UT, arguing and talking smack about UT-Texas Tech. Having that argument with someone who has no ties to the school is stupid to me. I have cousins who never went to college, but all bring out their UT shirts and trash talking texts on game day - they are also stupid.

In Texas, you either grow up a Longhorn or an Aggie. I was an Aggie. You will not see me talking trash to UT fans about the Aggie game. I will always root for A&M to win, but I won't take it so far as having the need to talk smack to people who actually attended either of those universities. Like a kid who grows up in Houston, but decides he's a Lakers fan because they're usually better than the Rockets. In those instances, I let tinman take over.

17. ItsMyFault

Well just to clarify, I WILL be at UT next year. So, it's not a matter of if I am a Longhorn, it's just when, which is guaranteed to be next year unless I majorly screw up by failing. I didn't mean to really attack his school, but when someone just continues to troll, what are you going to do? My issue isn't with trash talking his school, it's with him trash talking about UT. I just simply want to know, why the hatred?

Let me also add that you're right in some sense that College sports has to do with PRIDE of you actually being a student of the organization, but is it really wrong to be a fan? What are you going to say to a middle school kid who is an A&M fan but has yet to decide where he will go to college?

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LTF,

That is your problem.

DD

19. The Drake

The Drake Member

Is it really that incomprehensible that everyone doesn't just fall all over themselves to worship the athletic juggernaut that is UT?

I get that you were born thinking UT athletics (well, football and men's basketball at least, since apparently we're only counting sports that people watch) are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but not everyone - especially those who have attended/are attending other Texas schools - is going to see it your way.

bigtexx doesn't like UT athletics, I don't like UT athletics, and about a million people in College Station don't like UT athletics. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Fans have alliances and nemeses. Life somehow goes on.

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

this is where bigtexxx bows out of the conversation