1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CFB Playoff Rankings

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Oct 28, 2014.

1. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Nope. Not true. They've been selling out stadiums. And 42,500 attended for the Louisville beat down. And sold out the NRG stadium for the OU beat down and that was 75% filled with UH fans.

It's a catch 22, because it's easy to criticize attendance when you're in "power" 5 conference and you don't play the likes of Lamar University week in and week out. If UH was in P5 conference playing schools as big as UH, then attendance wouldn't even be an issue. But again, the 40k stadium was getting sold out just fine this year. I think the one time it looked bad on TV was when there was a 4 hour rain delay.

YOLO likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I guess. That is my only strong memory of UH and its fans. That and the mascot fighting the Oregon Duck, but I think I just dreamed that. At least I hope that was a dream and not real life.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

haha well that's not good. Honestly, witnessing the support the last 2 years at the games has been tremendous. Every big game UH has been in, the houston fans have absolutely showed up with extremely strong support. Take into consideration some of these games are against schools the average person has never heard of and the support is still there.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Even after blowing out CU, I think Bama will steamroll Washington should it be the 1 vs 4 matchup.

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Any chance Penn State jumps Washington? Probably not but that would be the only possible shakeup if there were one.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

IMO, it's clear both Michigan and Penn State are better than UW. However, if last week's rankings are the starting point, I doubt today's results will cause the committee to move either team into the top 4.

Yes, I remember Ohio State leaping TCU. This year is a lot different.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

With the Republicans in power, Condoleeza Rice has abused her power to get Washington into the 4, and like the election, u guys are going to be shocked at what comes out.

9. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

They should put Washington and Penn state in and take Clemson out. Clemson doesn't look good at all.

TheMystery008 likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

This is what I'm thinking. Either Michigan or Penn St look much better.

USC and OU have been playing really good football recently. Of course they won't make the playoffs but that would be a fun bowl game.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

1. Alabama vs. 4. Washington
    2. Clemson vs. 3 Ohio State
    5. Penn State
    6. Michigan

Congrats! Your conference championship does not matter, your head to head does not matter, your weak OOC schedule does not matter!

"Best" teams (IMO)
    1. Alabama
    2. Ohio State
    3. Clemson/Washington/Michigan
    6. Penn State
    7. Wisconsin/Oklahoma
    9. USC

"Deserving", H2H, CC, ...
    1. Alabama
    2. Clemson
    3. Washington
    4. Penn State
    5. Ohio State
    6. Michigan
    7. Wisconsin
    8. Oklahoma
    9. USC

#871 J.R., Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Sorry, not sorry Penn State. I still ain't forgot.

13. Major

Major Member

All of those things matter. If they picked Penn State over Ohio State, then you're saying OSU's strong OOC schedule, # of losses doesn't matter, and getting blown out by 40 points doesn't matter. If they picked Penn State over Washington, then we're saying # and quality of losses doesn't matter. There's no right solution when you have a bunch of schools for few spots.

14. Buck Turgidson

This is completely not germane to anything in this thread, but I learned in the paper this morning that UT has a redshirt frosh OT named Buck Major.

Major likes this.
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure why the G5 representative for the NY6 has to be a conference champion while the CFBP participants don't need to be.

samtaylor likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Because the NCAA is known for logic and fairness?

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

We can b**** all we want, but at least we have Ohio State and Washington with a chance to win now. When it was BCS, it would have been Clemson, case closed. And while last year's top seeds held, two years ago showed that nothing is certain.

And SOS does matter. That's why Ohio State's 1-loss season ranks them higher than Washington's 1-loss season.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't think Michigan should be in, but I think they might have the best shot at beating Alabama (who is far and away the best team). With that said, Alabama can be beat.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Committee got it right.

20. Major

Major Member

I don't think there is a "right". A few years ago, when Baylor/TCU got left out in favor of Ohio State, it was ridiculous. OSU had a weaker schedule and lost at home to a horrible team. And then they won the national title. On the flipside, had TCU or Baylor made it in, maybe they win the national title too.