1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Catalonia Spain independence referendum

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Oct 1, 2017.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

WOW I did not know this was happening, it's not being widely reported.

2. malakas

malakas Member

You are right they aren't well enough "educated" as the older people.,,Educated in apathy, and fear.

Should I say I am surprised that a CCP admirer thinks that it is dangerous for students with ideals to protest? :rolleyes:

We all saw what your party did to counter these "enemies of the state".

Invisible Fan and Nook like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the UK does when the DUP can provide a key to the governing coalition. If you listen to the Scots they feel that Ulster is getting a better deal than Scotland in Brexit negotiations.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There’s too much happening to keep track of. There’s also massive protest in Haiti right now over gas shortages that get almost no international Coverage.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

New York here we go!

6. WNBA

WNBA Member

"a beautiful sight to behold”--Nancy Pelosi

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yes, did not know about that either.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

International events rarely get much play in American media, especially in the era of Trump, who is great for ratings, whether you're on the MSNBC News wing or on the FAUX State-Run News wing.

9. Nook

Nook Member

It is scary the degree of bowing down to government authority you do. I suppose it is a product of being born and raised in an authoritarian repressive state that has its roots in communism. Also when your Demi god leaders kill millions of their own people you learn to bend over and take it so you don’t end up set on fire, smashed into pate and hosed down the street gutter.

malakas likes this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Love to see this ****. Is this because of that arrest the NYPD thugs did for a turnstile jumper a week ago?

Nook likes this.
  11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are chanting "NYPD" but they've been doing that in Chile since the middle of October in direct response to a significant rate hike in the Metro. The number I heard is that a minimum wage worker would be spending 20% of their income just to ride back and forth to work.

I'm pretty sure the New Yorkers got the idea from Chile, not the other way around.

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019...-metro-public-transit-fare-inequality/600874/

#71 Ottomaton, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Nook likes this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

The engish people never really cared even when the region was a site of actual war the past decades, let alone now.
    It's not uncommon to hear english people "joking around" with their NI and Irish coworkers about how they starved them to death and how they didn't finish the job.:rolleyes:
    Did anyone for a second stop to think about the GFA with Brexit? not the citizens, not even the government.

As for the DUP, they tried to play kingmaker and we saw what happened to them. A complete catastrophe. They couldn't even keep their abortion ban.
    I am willing to bet that in next months' elections they will lose most of their MPs.
    The rest of the unionist parties aren't that fundamental.

Plus in the recent polls, it has been shown that most of the young people in NI are more moderate, willing to overlook the tribal lines who are just interested in peace and the prosperity of the whole of NI.

This is the work of the GFA and the EU. Peace and unity. The newer generation only knows about the discrimintion, hatred and terror mostly through the stories of their parents and grandparents.

Nook likes this.
  13. WNBA

WNBA Member

I don't want to understand how you get all these twisted ideas in your ****ed up brain.......but are they even remotely relevant to anything in this thread???

14. Nook

Nook Member

It absolutely is relevant. When you have civil obedience and sovereignty of the ruling power above all else you end up with the **** that has happened in China and the former Soviet Union. The whole point of a government is for the people. That is something that you just do not get and never will because it was beaten out of you by the Chinese Communist Party.

Also they are not "twisted ideas" as I know well several people that were involved intimately in the Tiananmen Square protests and survived what happened when the government decided to shoot, bayonet, set on fire and then steam roll their OWN people into a paste and then turned on fire hoses to wash them into the gutters and into into piles of gelatin where road construction trucks scraped them up to get them off the road.

malakas likes this.