1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cat commits to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ChrisP, Jul 31, 2000.

1. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Just heard it out of Cuttino's own mouth, "I'm staying in Houston."

He follows that up with, "I don't know for how long. My agents working that out." He says he thinks he and Steve can take the team to the next level.

I just saw the interview with him on the Fox evening news.

Can I just say... YEAOW!!!!!

------------------

2. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Thank you God! My prayers are finally answered! I know I've never really been a religious man, but...

OK, all joking aside. This is huge! The pain is over! No more lottery! Cat is staying!

Now that my heart rate is back down, what next? Who can we trade the exception for?

None of us really doubted Mobley's return, did we? [​IMG]

------------------
    Jazzkiller

3. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Oh, he also added something to the effect of... "Some people will think this is stupid, some people just go for the money. But, you gotta do what's right in your heart and if God wants you to have it, you'll get it."

That's right, Cuttino. You'll get the payday but you're gonna have more fun here in the meantime!

------------------

4. BayouRocket

BayouRocket Member

Even though We've heard it from many different places (Clutch, Aldridge, Doc Rocket, that guy who eats spinach, and others), it just isn't the same as hearing it striaght out of the Cat's mouth. MEEEEOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

------------------

5. MManal

MManal Member

One other thing in the telecast is that Mark Berman said the chances of getting Austin Croshere in Houston have become very minimal. Its basically an extreme long shot now according to Berman. He was saying that the Pacers are doing everything they can to re-sign him, and he visited Chicago as well.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

6. scottiepippen6rings

what does berman know? with the rockets getting cat back wouldnt that increase the chances of getting croshere? i wish we could offer the pacers a sign and trade to get croshere but i guess they wont do one.

------------------

7. 3pointer

3pointer Member

I am soooooo happy to hear this .. at least we took care of that... anything else is extra !

------------------
    When I die I want to go right after watching a rockets game !

8. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And all of you people who b****ed and moaned about how Cuttino was a greedy b*stard for listening to other teams overtures should owe him an apology. That's all I read about for a 2 week stretch and it pissed the hell out of me. Like he owed us a great deal because we drafted him in the 2nd round. Please... All he did was exercise his right as a free agent and he gets chatised by fans.

Well I'm glad the Cat is back! I was sad to see that the real greedy, whiny, and overrated Eddie Jones sign with the Heat, instead of the Bulls for the MAX. It would have been a suitable punishment. The Cleveland Cavaliers and the John Paxson have to be the worst run organization in the league if they are truly giving Brian Grant the Max. They became a fringe organization for drafting Trajan Langdon with the 12th pick in the draft. Now they will officially be the worst run team in the league for signing Grant to the max.

------------------

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

No more lottery for us. Thank u Cuttino. Hopefully he'll have an injury free career and make a **** load of money. I think we have a pretty good chance of making the playoffs now.

Hey I have five hundred posts.
    WooHoo!!!!!!

------------------

10. Not Chaney

Not Chaney Member

Very good to hear the Cat will be back.

------------------
    "UNBEATABLE"

11. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

R0CKETS03- you don't believe in the power of the jinx?!? I wish you hadn't said those words.

------------------

12. Gascon

Gascon Member

Signing Cat = Step One.

Step Two?

------------------
    "I'll take a Dream Shake for two, please."

13. Old School

Old School Member

Props to Aldridge and ESPN...I guess he was right after all (even though Fox tried to deny it last week).

Old School

------------------
    Just Build It!

14. SlamN

SlamN Member

Glad to hear the Cat is back. Now we need to sign or trade for a PF.

------------------