1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cartoon jihad on campus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by gwayneco, Mar 4, 2006.

1. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=3958312

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

"Jihad" is so overused these days, swerving a car into pedestrians is Jihad? More like attempted murder.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great, more religiously motivated attacks.

It has been going on for centuries and will continue, sadly.

DD

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I wonder if his Jihad had leather seats.

5. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Too bad the cops didn't shoot this $hithead on site! We need a policy, if your trying to kill people here in this country for dumba$$ reasons, you will be automatically killed on the spot!

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

How was this related to the cartoon? The guy who did the attack didn't mention it and the Muslim student group that objected to the cartoon being published in the school paper said the guy was never a member.

7. Oski2005

Is there a smartass reason to murder people?

8. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Well this guy tried 2 run over innocent bystanders ( on purpose) with his SUV! This is a good enough reason to take this guy out. How about if he had killed some of these people?!

9. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Yes. Because your mom's fat.

10. Oski2005

Well if the police were on the spot, you don't think they would do whatever is necessary to stop somebody who is trying to kill people? Do you think at the time, anybody knew this was an "Islamic Jihad" or whatever? Nobody knew what happened until the guy turned himself in. I just don't get why you think that police wouldn't have tried to kill him if it meant saving others. Police have shot and killed people in high speed chases who just won't give up and are a danger to others. Now for your "how about" situation. Let's say he did kill people, but he stopped right there and surrendered, do you think the police should just execute him on the spot or observe the law and bring him in so that he can go on trial and answer for his crimes?

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

where were these guys when we needed them?

[​IMG]

12. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Dude, this is just my opinion on this matter, I'm tired of seeing or hearing people killing others for silly reasons, how about if that was you who got runned over, or a friend or loved one ...for nothing, really senseless. And he could be some crazy christian with crazy ideology. Or how about if this was a hate crime towards Muslim groups in this country! Please, this not about race or religon! I would be just as mad if this creep targeted innocent Muslims or other minority groups in this country ( I'm a minority myself in this country)! I'm just saying I'm tired of the increase crime in this country & abroad. I have two small children & I don't want them to grow up in a world that full of violence! People need to accountable for their actions & other people should'n't minimize this! Nothing personal Oski2005! I think your one of the good posters here! :) And of course innocent until proven guilty still applies here. ;) I was just in a rant mode.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah this is r****ded. at least be motivated by money.

14. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't see how this was religiously motivated on impact. He could have just as well run over some Muslims by mistake. Its not like he was running over some Pro-GW crowd or something. It was just a random group of people. He's just not very bright, and probably made those comments afterwards, to get him some attention regarding his views. Otherwise he would be like Ms. Grubman, and then he would have gone on to have his own tv show.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

wow, what a jackass!

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Making his family dirt poor from lawsuits would be a great lesson on how much Americans cares about his ****ed up values.

Plus the mandatory communal ass pounding for the stunt he pulled.

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You're right, it is hard to see how this could be tied to religion at all. :p