1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car Audio Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by luckystrikes, Oct 23, 2006.

Tags:
  1. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a new audio system installed in my new truck, and wanted to get some advice from my favorite forum.

Do any of you guys/gals have a store that you trust to install your car audio equipment? I'm looking to replace the head unit, 2 amps, and new 6X9's in the door, 2-10in subs. Most of the stuff I'm buying off eBay, so I basically just need someone to install the items listed above.

So, I need a store or contact of someone you guys trust. Car audio can be a lot like mechanical stuff......(easy to get screwed) Help a brother out please. :D

Also, any ball park fiqure of how much the items above would typically cost to install?

Thanks,

Lucky

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Find a friend to install it for you. I installed my own system and knew nothing about installing car audio. The only hard part about installing car audio is running the wires (if thats not the focal point already).

3. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

In your situation I would seriously go to a place a friend recommends. i have heard too many stories of people bring in their stuff from other places and the place magically doesnt work. Then they will "have to" change you the install fee again because they will have to open things up again. you get nervous and decide I guess I will just buy the crossover from you and boom, you are out another 100 bucks. Have them test each item with you nearby if they will let you before they start. Or you could just deal with the raping and go to a circuit city or best buy. But small stores are always cheaper.

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I've taken my last three vehicles to International Audio off of Center Street in Deer Park. Good people and excellent installations as I dig the stealth look. I've not had one complaint.

If interested click the link.

5. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

Super Audio at the corner of Spencer and Shaver. It's in the flea market and they do an excellent job my friend owns the store, good prices and lifetime warranty I recommend it.