1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela wants $100m/4yrs. Rockets offering $60m/4yrs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Is there a young wing RFA that we could trade Capela straight up for? If we’re going to have to pay near max money I’d rather do so for a stud SF and try to replace 75% of what Capela brings with someone else.

If we can get Capela for the contact the rockets are offering than I’m cool with that. But if we get into $20-$25m/year territory than I’d have to wonder about trading him to a team that will pay him and trying to get back a better prospect long term for SF.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Like non.

Remaining restricted free agents: Xavier Munford, Rodney Hood, Tyrone Wallace, Patrick McCaw, Jabari Bird, Darrun Hilliard, JaKarr Sampson, Clint Capela

3. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Thank God he didnt make the All-Star team last season. This would be worse. Don't vote for him next season. One game isnt worth it . J/p

kevtse, jojolover and TexAg713 like this.
  4. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Honestly, I expected CC to ask for the max from the beginning of last season, which was why I thought a boogie trade would be good. At least pay max for someone who commands that type of game.

But then boogie got hurt.
    And then CC played the warriors better than I thought he could.
    And now we're at that point where we have to pay him. Either this year or the next. his walking means we're saddled with CP3 without a chance at a championship. Which would be pointless.

5. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

so whats the deal with this now?

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Stalemate, with no end in sight until the deadline for him to accept the QO.

There's nobody left to give him an offer, it's just us bidding against ourselves. Hopefully they find a middle ground eventually, but any developments are unlikely to come any time soon.

Mazulis, da_juice and chinesemamba like this.
  7. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

When is the deadline for accepting the QO? August 31st? I remember what happened to DMo, but is the fact that this is dragging on an indication of one side gaining leverage day by day?

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

I have a feeling he takes the QO and we do this again next year. Are any teams projected to have cap space next year looking to add a big man? If not, there's no sense in budging too much.

9. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Any updates on these talks? Feels funny asking. News usually is posted almost immediately.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Knight: A lot of people are talking about how Clint Capela is still not signed. How are those negotiations going and should we expect a deal anytime soon?

Morey: We can say [the negotiations] are going back-and-forth. I think restricted free agency is pretty difficult. For sure, Clint is going to be a very wealthy guy no matter what happens at the end of all of this. We’re looking forward to getting him back on the Rockets as soon as we can.

Bobsputin and Vivi like this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I like the hardball approach.

13. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

any update on CC situation?

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You'd be better off asking about already under contract wings.

Trading for a S&T player hard caps your team, which DM won't do.

But even with an already signed player (say Otto Porter Jr... won't happen as Wizards don't need Clint and Porter Jr is also overpaid but as an example), Clint would also be a BYC player, which make a straight up trade impossible, and basically requires trading with a team with cap space or a multi-team trade, which at this point would be very difficult as the teams that formerly had cap space like the Hawks and Kings have used it.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I might have been on vacation and away from the board for the past couple of weeks but The Otto Porter Movement is still strong!!!

jch1911 likes this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope DM isn't caving in to CC's demands for more money. The offer he is getting, is plenty enough.

18. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Will he get the QO, signed to a contract or signed and traded? We shall see

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, I'm surprised, it's still continuing. I don't think he needs to be a Rocket. He is a good player, but nothing special.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lol. It's not my luxury tax money so I love me some Otto Porter.

Absent a real all-star level three, isn't he the perfect 3 for this roster?

He plays d, shoots mid 40%s from three, doesn't need to be a central point of the team.

He's the definition of an elite 3&D player that's not an all-star/creator type.

For what he's paid, you'd rather have that all-star/creator type though.

jch1911 and steddinotayto like this.