1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Canelo vs GGG

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by HtownTrill, Aug 8, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i don't exaclty because of early and later round factor. i had 1,2,3, & 9,10,11 for canelo. 4,5,6,7,8 for ggg. i actually thought ggg was gonna win easily when i had him 6 rounds to 3 but he blew the last three rounds. lost total control he had established and absolutely blew the championship rounds. screw the one idiot judge, it did not cost ggg a victory. ggg can only blame himself for his finish. just like the falcons, he blew it late.

2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

r/iamverysmart

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I absolutely 100% agree it was a great match, and I absolutely 100% agree it was worth the money.

I completely disagree with the Atlas thing. I love Teddy Atlas because he lives and breathes boxing. He wants what is best for the sport. He is standing up for what is right.

Nook and Yung-T like this.
  4. ipaman

eh... he's ruining boxing's reputation for what honestly is very normal scorecard. a scorecard like that happens every single ******* main event fight since forever and he's acting surprised and outraged?!?! in fact it's so normal that it's like b****ing that the sun will rise in a few hours.

5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I agree with you that GGG blew it in the last three rounds. He had the chance to seize complete control and leave no doubt but he slowed down and let Canelo get to where he wanted. If he controls the fight like he did in the middle rounds then we're not even having this discussion.

To me, that's the sign of a guy that has never been on that stage before.

I will definitely pay for the rematch. And I will go into it expecting the fight of the decade.

6. ipaman

agreed, his inexperience in major, bright light, fights might have been a huge factor that hurt him.

7. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

GGG got robbed. 10-2? That judge that gave canelo 10 rounds? Foh lol

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

they got it wrong. canelo was all flash and flurry for 30 secs each round. ggg outlanded, outpointed canelo in those rounds.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

F****in joke, GGG comfortably won this fight and got robbed. I had it 115-113 (generously giving Canelo a close round) or 116-112 for GGG.

The judge scoring this 118-110 will probably be suspended next week.

10. VanityHalfBlack

So in the people's eye GGG won the fight but judges give it to Canelo? Typical for Vegas. Was the fight in Vegas?

11. VanityHalfBlack

118-110 is the final score? I didn't watch the fight but WTF? Seriously this was in Vegas? *** Canelo I guess?

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yup, Vegas. Judge (Byrd) who scored it 118-110 was already notorious for terrible decisions BOTH in boxing and mma, should've been suspended years ago.
    After this fight, commish already said he has complete trust in Byrd going forward, what a joke.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  14. VanityHalfBlack

Jesus fukin christ man!! Well, that's boxing for yah! Hilarious.

15. what

what Member

That's exactly how I feel when Mayweather wins fights.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Why? He won pretty much all punching stats in his fights and pretty much every expert agreed with the results.
    The "he just runs away" myth isn't true anyhow.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  17. what

what Member

He wins the punching stats because he gets so much credit for his defense. When you hit Floyd it better be no dispute to it.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The data also includes thrown punches, which doesn't involve defense.

I don't get why you're saying that Floyd winning isn't justified, but in another comment here you say Canelo won because of smart counter punching and that simply running forward doesn't win you a fight.

But Canelo actually landed and threw less punches than GGG, while Floyd outpunches opponents in all categories. Seems you are using different criteria for different fights.

K mf G and Mr. Space City like this.
  19. ipaman

I hope everyone found their safe places. Who knew there were so many snowflakees in the boxing community?

20. what

what Member

All I am trying to point out is that in 90% of mayweather fights, mayweather is,walking backwards. So to use ggg's stalking canelo as evidence that he definitively won the fight is false. To me, ggg only got one good shot on canelo and that's it.
    was he the busier fighter, sure, but canelo scored more.