1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Canelo vs GGG

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by HtownTrill, Aug 8, 2017.

1. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Boxing has been bled dry. Beautiful sport is now dead to me

ghettocheeze likes this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Both wife and I scored each round privately, we both ended 6-6 LOL! I had first 3 and last 3 for Canelo and middle 6 for GGG. My wife had it slightly differently but very similar.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

even the majority of canelo fans are calling it a robbery. usually hardcore fans will defend controversial decsions. just goes to show how obvious this fix was.

4. what

what Member

The problem is that Maywether nearly always fights the way Canelo fought tonight and he always wins. If GGG fought Maywether, that fight would look a lot more similar than people think to this one.

But we wouldn't have Rooster Lampley running his rooster mouth every time GGG threw a punch. JUST because you are moving forward and cutting off the ring, doesn't mean you are the winner of the fight.

ipaman likes this.
  5. ipaman

People are focusing to much on one card. If that card were closer but still for Canelo we still have a draw people.

Also casuals are forgetting that in scoring defense counts and Canelo was really good today. Should get credit for making ggg miss so much. He really learned from mayweather alot.

Honestly neither deserved to lose imo. Both had good moments.

6. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

it was never close after golovkin landed that overhand right. that changed the match.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I thought ggg won, but it might have been possible to give it canelo. 118-110? That made no sense. They should fire her.

9. ipaman

Hookers and Blow!!!

10. ipaman

the judges that everyone is happy with completely disagree with you. both had the last 3 rounds for canelo and if he doesn't get those he loses. i also scored the last 3 for canelo as did many other folks did.

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

That's the problem though, Draw was literally the best outcome Canelo could have possibly had.

GGG won 4 through 9 handily. 1 and 10 were toss ups. Canelo won 2, 3, 11, and 12.

Even a score of 115-113 Canelo would have been robbery, honestly.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

ESPN.com scored the fight 116-112 for Golovkin, as did HBO's unofficial scorer, Harold Lederman.

Yung-T likes this.
  13. ipaman

i can't take you seriously when you say this "Even a score of 115-113 Canelo would have been robbery, honestly" and this "1 and 10 were toss ups" in the same post. you're acknowledge how close it was yet say a 2pt lead for canelo is robbery?!?! o_O

also, if you're someone who gives mayweather credit for his defense then you should also give credit to canelo. his defense/strategy was great, i mean he neutralized ggg!!! no one has ever done that!!!

i don't know for sure but i'm willing to bet that these judges have been favorable to mayweather in the past and value defense much more than casual fans.

14. Mr. Space City

15. ipaman

ggg has a chin too!

Nook likes this.
  16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Work on your math please.

GGG won AT LEAST 6 rounds. That means if Canelo wins every other round it's a 114-114 draw. Canelo won rounds 2, 3, 11, and 12. 1 and 10 were toss ups.

If a judge scores both of them Canelo, it's a 114-114 draw (one judge did). If a judge scores one of them GGG and the other Canelo, it's a 115-113 GGG win. If a judge scores both rounds GGG, then it's a 116-112 GGG win (which one judge did).

114-114 was the absolute best score Canelo could get because GGG dominated rounds 4 through 9.

tmactoyao likes this.
  17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Between this screwjob and the McGregor shitshow, boxing is officially dead to me.

tmactoyao likes this.
  18. ipaman

please leave the sport, would be better without folks like you anyway who don't understanding boxing.

it's not so much your math it's acknowledging toss-ups exists and then suggesting 115-113 is robbery.

19. ipaman

also, why are guys like teddy atlas allowed in the sport? seriously if this idiot hates the sport so much and goes on and on about corruption why does he continue put his entire life and career into it? does he not realize he's biting the hand that feeds as well? it was really good fight and i feel i got my money's worth and yet we have morons like teddy atlas having a facking embarrassing meltdown, coronary on tv.

you want some real truth..., teddy atlas is worse for the sport than a single bad judge. guys like him kill the sport more than a single judge. guys like him corrupt viewers and fans who are now upset at a "robbery" after just witnessing a great boxing match that we've not seen in a while. what an disgraceful pos.

great fight that i feel was worth the money. i'm not gonna let some disgusting windbag ruin it for me.

20. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

It is robbery, though. 115-113 Canelo would have meant a judge picked Canelo in one of the 4 through 9 rounds, which is stealing. GGG completely controlled the fight during those rounds. He landed the jabs and the most meaningful power punches plus he had Canelo's back on the ropes in every one of those rounds.

Literally everyone agrees with me.

Yung-T likes this.