1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can someone please tell me abit more about Mike Miller?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Carlos Rogers, May 10, 2000.

1. Carlos Rogers

Carlos Rogers Member

Now I know my last topic about not liking white frowards and centers didn't go down too good but my point was I wanted to know more about him. Can someone assist me here please?

------------------
    Walt the Wizard Williams. "The aging Terrapin from Maryland"

2. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just read over the same thread you created. There is quite a few analysis on Mike Miller there. If you have the same questions that you had on another thread, just use the same thread that started it off.

------------------

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Mike Miller has a nice game but I dont think he can fit with this team. I think he can become a pretty nice player but I wouldnt pick him. Please dont pick him!

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

4. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How could he not work? He's the type of player Rudy loves. He's only 20 (sophomore), and is 6'8'', with GREAT ballhandling skills (point forward) good defense (the main cog in Florida's press) doesn't have to be the "man" is athletic, a solid shooter, and an ideal replacement for WW. He's got a well rounded game that includes a little of everything.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

He is not a quick player and sometimes seems lost in games. I think we should look at other players before we jump on him. He doesnt give me that good feeling, I dont know why.

------------------

6. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Francis3: What if we aren't able to trade up, and Martin, Swift and Miles are gone, but Miller is there. Do you still want Miller, at #9?

... or let's say, the Rockets somehow get in the top 3 without losing their #9, and they've already picked up Martin, Swift or Miles, and Miller is there still at #9, do you want the Rockets to take him?

If not, why? Miller is rated the best SF in the draft, besides Miles longer term. Could you be more specific?

------------------
    the more I know, the more I know I don't know...

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Let me name players I would take before even thinking about miller.

Martin
    Swift
    Fizer
    Miles
    Moiso
    D.Johnson
    Peterson
    Olumdie Oyejedei

I just dont believe in Mike Miller, sorry its hard to explain about him, its something that I dont like about his game.

------------------

8. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Francis3: I'd say Mike Miller is a very good pick. Not only is he safe, but he has a lot of potential. I've seen enough of Mike Miller to make a judgement. It's not a coincidence that the first 2 years in college, he leads Florida to the Sweet 16 and Championship game. Hell if you worry about Mike Miller disappearing from games, you must be scared to death about DerMarr Johnson and Jerome Moiso.

The one player I want the Rockets to ABSOLUTELY NOT pick is Jerome Moiso. Sure he's a decent athlete who can do some nice things for his size. The guy has no intensity and no confidence in his game that is a huge red flag. You know what his primary reason for leaving early is...he was afraid that if he had stayed a year, he would experience another up and down year and his game might not improve. Thus hurting his draft status. Any guy who openly admits this, I'm staying away from. His response to someone questioning his intensity from game to game went something like this, "Well when I get to the next level, I'll start approaching the game more like a job, which would force me to bring it every night." What kind of crap is that? Like I said, he's a solid athlete. Nice touch. Still a little too raw for my taste. But his intangibles are really not too appealing.

I've already stated my opinion on DerMarr Johnson. Personally I think Mike Miller has more potential than DerMarr and he is already farther along the basketball curve.

And this Nigerian Kid, I've been hearing his name for a good year and a half now. Some scouts were talking about how he would have been a top 5 pick in last years draft. They were just raving about this guy. But I still have reservations about any player that I haven't seen play. And I've seen a lot of guys play. I hate to just rely on a scouting report. So basically I have little to no opinion on this fellow.

------------------

9. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

DaMan, I could have understood not wanting someone like Courtney, but Moiso?

You know what his primary reason for leaving early is...he was afraid that if he had stayed a year, he would experience another up and down year and his game might not improve. Thus hurting his draft status. Any guy who openly admits this, I'm staying away from.

I know the exact article you read, however as a guy from LA (A Oregon paper i think?), the true reason he left was cuz he thought he proved himself during the tournament. Moiso had a good tournament and he thought he did reasonably well against Fizer.

------------------
    Now that the NBA season is over, check out the premiere source for draft info.

Draftsource.net

10. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm personally not that high on Peterson. His potential isn't gonna get much higher, and at best, he'll be Shandon Anderson.

Because Miller isn't very quick? He may not be Cuttino Mobley, but he's not shabby in the athleticism department. He's a good passer. In the Florida system, they didn't have a guy who did all the scoring. So granted, if the other team's best defensive player is on him, he's not gonna get the ball, when Harvey/Haslem has a smaller man down low. Michael Jordan didn't even average 20 in college, I think he worked out.

Oyededji....he's great. I'd say if things go wrong, and our choices somehow are limited to Oyededji, Alexander, Peterson, Richardson, Pryzbilla (unless he's done some of the things I've heard and impresses) etc. take him by all means. He's vicious, 6'10'', athletic, and an outstanding rebounder. He's also pretty athletic considering he won their dunk contest....seems like the preseason variety of Cato.

I like Moiso. Good size, and he's that hybrid type of PF athlete (KG)

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!