1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Rockets be had in College Station?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GMNot, Oct 5, 2004.

1. GMNot

GMNot Member

I'm going to be back an forth between the Austin area and College Station during the upcoming season and would hate to miss games because of it. Does anybody here know the scoop on the status of watching the Rockets in College Station? (Anyone here from College Station?) i.e., is it in the blackout area even if you get NBA League Pass? Or does one even need League Pass? Do the Spurs get preference if games are shown on FSSW? ':eek:'

...and any other words of wisdom/advice on getting to watch the Rockets in College Station, Texas.

Thanks,
    GMNot

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

You are outside the black out zone and FSN always shows the Houston teams.

At least they did when I was going to school there back in 95'-99'. Don’t see why it would be any different now.

3. dttd888

dttd888 Member

Yes, we do get preference over the Spurs here in CS.

Not sure how many games are on FSSW though.

Luckily, there are plenty of games on national TV this year.

4. AGBee

AGBee Member

I thought there were 0 FSSW games last year since they are trying to get that Houston sports channel going.

5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can the Rockets be had?

Maybe if you get them drunk enough, you might get them to forget they are heterosexual. I'm not sure why you want to "have" them in College Station but whatever floats your boat buddy.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I think Behad is still in League City. You could probably discuss that via email though. :)

7. GMNot

GMNot Member

Well, thanks to those offering info.

Ill-Skillz I'm not quite sure why my phrasing seems to have set you off a bit.. pretty trivial thing to react to... but whatever floats your boat.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I am hoping COX will pick up a bunch of games like they did last year.

As for FSSW, I don't think they will have any games. I don't recall them having any games last season. The Rockets haven't struck a deal with them recently in the past.

9. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

FSSW does not carry ROckets games...they havent in the last year or so.

and...

what the hell does League City(Behad) have to do with College Station? One is not even close to the other.:confused:

inside joke SM?

11. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

He's joking about the thread title...

Can Rockets "behad" in College Station?

12. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Only one slightly dishonest way I know of is get Direct TV and give a billing address in Houston. They will give the local stations of Houston, but you may have to pay in advance. I don't concider it dishonest actually since the boundaries are very arbitrary.

13. torrr

torrr Member

Last year, Cox Cable here in CS picked up around half of the games and televised them on channel 70. This year they televised all of the non fox sports Astros game so hopefully they'll pick up all of the Rockets games this year.

14. GMNot

GMNot Member

Thanks, Da-Glyde, for the link reference. Good info. That's what I miss by not checking the forum more often.

To add to the information being posted here -- I called Cox cable and they said they are considering adding NBA League Pass to their Digital Tier here but as of yet it isn't available -- wasn't sure when it might be available. I guess you just check back. (If a few of us call a lot maybe it will speed the decision up.)

Also spoke last week with someone at the Rockets offices and was told the TV deals have not been finalized. So as of then there was no answer as to whether or not FSSW would carry games or only a local channel would.

15. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

great stuff Stupid, i was going to post this if you didn't

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

yeah, I'm glad somebody saved me the trouble.