1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can I smoke yet?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Batman Jones, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If your dentist and rezdawg says wait, you should wait.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Seriously, you need a huge vape hit.

1 person likes this.
  3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Batman,

I don't smoke, but one of my good friends was in a similar situation with the dry socket risk and cravings for cigs. His doctor told him that if he drank chocolate milk a couple of minutes before he smoked, he was less likely to get a dry socket. Apparently, the milk and chocolate, I guess, coats the area and protects it.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I know it sounds weird. But, my buddy said it worked and he's still smokin' that Snoop Dogg.

Good luck man

1 person likes this.
  4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Thanks, man. I think I'll try something like that tomorrow when I hit the magic 72 hour mark.

5. Batman Jones

True, true, true. I am resolved. Thanks for all the words, guys.

1 person likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Looks like you picked bad year to quit ...
    [​IMG]

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Batman,

Sorry to hear about your breakup and losing your animals. I had to put down our 13 and a half black cocker today and I still have not recovered from it. It is so amazing at how you can get attached to them.

I had my wisdom teeth taken out about 11 years ago and heard all the horror stories about the dry socket. I have never been a smoker but I am a big coke/mello yello drinker and I want to think they told me not to drink any sodas/soft drinks for like 3 days but I did after 2 days and was fine.

I think if you make it to 72 hours without any issues, you should be okay. Good luck!

8. Batman Jones

Just called the doctor to confirm 72-hour waiting period and they said their normal recommendation was actually just 48 and they said that after 48 hours I was out of the woods for dry socket. Stuffed the hole with gauze after that (which was 70 hours since my extraction) and took a nice long drag but it was unpleasant to smoke with gauze in my mouth so I put it out after 1 big draw and 2 or 3 small ones. I think the gauze (along with the patch) will help me to limit my smoking significantly until the coast is definitely clear. Thanks again for all the feedback.

9. Batman Jones

Can't find a Major Malcontent post in which to thank him for his kind words (in rep feedback). Thanks, MM. That was very kind of you.