1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cam Whitmore putting in work

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Sep 12, 2023.

?

Is he ready with a bigger role and more responsibilities AKA minutes - this early

This poll will close on Sep 12, 2025 at 3:14 AM.
  1. yes

286 vote(s)
    85.6%
  2. no

48 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. invocux

invocux Member

Man you were on Jalen bandwagon just a few days ago what the **** is wrong with you man? I've never seen such a reactionary, flip flop fan in my life. Just make up your mind already.

gfab-babyboi, dream2clips and J.R. like this.
  2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

That's the takeaway from last night? Cam showed every reason why he slid in the draft against the Warriors. Absolutely disastrous every minute on defense and the tunnel vision was insane on offense. Not even mentioning some of the game awareness.

gfab-babyboi and J Rock like this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Agreed. An elite scorer in the making but really bad fundamentals other than shooting mechanics. Ime has to round out his game like they did for Jalen. Should be fine by some time next season.

He has a lot of work to do to get Udoka on his side.

Stephen_A, Rashmon and kspires999 like this.
  4. Ish

Ish Member

Yeah..cam was rushed into the team that was red hot with chemistry...it's no coincidence that rockets lost 3 games in a row with greens usage dropped cause cam came back... Ppl love cam..he has potential but his potential has a ceiling compared to Green . I hope they play together well but If I had to chose I would take Green over Cam.. but cam shouldn't been brought back until they had actually lost a game..cam messed up rotation and flow..not his fault but coach ime should have eased him in

Stephen_A likes this.
  5. Ish

Ish Member

To me Cam plays a bit selfish still..but what you said ..is absolutely true

Mathloom likes this.
  6. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

This guy....

If he can't see the amount of growth that Jalen has made this year in his overall game, he's clueless about the game. And the same goes for anyone who thinks the same.

Last night he made several plays that showed his maturity. The fact that Golden State was constantly doubling him shows that people that actually do know the game were game planning for him.

He's easily been their best player down the stretch and as far as fearlessness.....

Stephen_A and burlesk like this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think if you watched the game last night, and had any definitive "take aways" then your opinion around here should be classified in the drawer of "nobody gives a fck".

The Warriors decided about 3 weeks ago that they actually wanted to play basketball again, and last night rocked the Rockets who... while showing huge growth this season.... are on a class of their own below contending teams.

I hate the Warriors with a passion, and cannot stand the personalities on that team. However there's no denying that they are... when healthy and inspired... one of the greatest teams of all time. Last night, the Rockets got their a$$es kicked. Everyone for the most part looked like crap. Even Cam who while talented as hell, has tunnel vision, and has yet to develop much of any type of isolation game. He's young, and needs good coaching & especially mentoring. He could be a star, but if he doesn't mature his game, he's likely a solid bench scorer & shooter. The sky is the limit, but there are obvious flaws.

Any GM that would crown him as their cornerstone starting lead guard right now is an idiot though. Cam is anything but a safe bet to be a superstar. DD is DD... he's always been like this, and that's just part of his thing. Super Stubborn fan who will die on a hill. I guess it's part of his charm, and you just have to take it for what it is.

So there is no definitive here other than what we've known for a decade now about the GD Warriors. Only unknowns about the future with the Rockets, but a ton to be optimistic about. Big Summer for these guys. As a fan getting high and low after a game like that is only a good way to find yourself checking in with your cardiologist.

Rashmon, Easy and dmoneybangbang like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

there's folks actually trying to blame Cam

LOL just pure stupidity

jim1961 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mang, I am still not able to wrap my head around this game but the Warriers, those guys never found the next star.....

Poole, Wiggins, they all lack something......greatness maybe or just insane IQ.

Kudos to them for still clinging on to the hope of a championship and actually winning a chip despite not finding the next star.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How about blaming uhh.... THE WARRIORS lol.

I mean you are talking about one of the greatest teams of all time who piddled through the season, and just randomly decided two weeks ago to start giving a sh$t again... and one of the greatest shooters of all time forgot how to shoot for 4 months, and last night suddenly remembered.

Move on folks. This is a YOUNG rebuilding team still. They got rocked. Move on to the next.

burlesk and glynch like this.
  11. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Wiseman will go down as the black Darko Milicic

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Can we just take a moment and ponder how freaking amazing it is that Cam is top 10 all time in points per 36 min for a rookie. The rest of that list is mostly Hall of Famers. Hold onto this guy.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

nothing has changed I like em both, but I believe Cammwill be better.

DD

14. kpdark

kpdark Member

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Weak ejection

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What's going on with Cam? He hasn't performed well since coming back. His defense especially.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They didn't even fight. I am disappoint.

18. Holybats

Holybats Member

19. lpbman

lpbman Member

For a guy that's supposed to be a one trick pony... I am impressed with his defense. Not that he's polished and makes no mistakes, but there is effort and intensity right away, rookie year.

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

He better learn how to pass. He can score as many points as he wants but his efforts in other areas really hurts this team. At this time He reminds me of Wood. Capable scorer but just lacking in so many areas particularly passing and playmaking. He can be a very good piece to this team as he hones his offense and learns to play within team flow and look to make plays and not just score with blinders on. He had 1 good assist to Jock yesterday coming off a high screen and deep roll. Need more of that and less head down trying to run thru 3 players.