1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cam Newton On Pace to be Greatest Football Player Eva

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by pgabriel, Oct 26, 2011.

1. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

i was being sarcastic

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

rgIII is steve young, i hate to respond to my own post but i forgot about the days i used to want vick to emulate steve young.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Cam isn't officially washed up. He just needs a fresh start, either a new coach or a new team, and don't be surprised if RG regresses a bit next season. The more pro tape a team has on a QB, the easier it is to tweak their game plan. It's just part of the learning curve.

4. Buck Turgidson

No shiite?!??!?

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's been a turnover machine this year.

6. Major

Major Member

I think people mythologize his season last year. He's on the same turnover pace as he's always been. He had 19 turnovers in 16 games last year (11 through his first 8 games). This year, through 8 games, he has 11.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Actually, I was being generous.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I never liked Newton's game for the NFL. Not at any point last year. But I'll wait around until year 3 before completely counting him out. There's hope.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yeah after having the best rookie season in history there's hope.

i watched yesterday's game and he does have an attitude problem. when jay cutler would stand by himself people said the same thing. cam does not look like a good teammate.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

1.5 years into his career he needs a new team or new coach?

[​IMG]

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ehhhhh, I don't know about all of that "best rookie season" talk. The statistics say one thing, what I saw on field say another. Plus, he wasn't all that great in the second half of the season. He just doesn't look accurate. Ever.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I will say this about Cam and Carolina: they won't do squat until they institute an actual NFL offense. This isn't high school or college; you can't run a zone-read as your primary play.

They need to put in a normal NFL offense and see if Cam can actually play in it. You can always roll him out of the pocket and find other ways to give him freedom to use his athleticism every once in a while. But until they stop with the damn zone-read plays they won't be a playoff team and Cam will just be a middle of the pack QB.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

So he needs a new team/coach b/c he's going through a learning curve? LOL.

14. t_mac1

So he needs a new team/coach b/c he's going through a learning curve? LOL.

Outside of his first 2 games in the NFL where he threw over 400yds, he has thrown over 350 yards just ONCE since (and that was his 4th game in the league). You throw that out and he hasn't exceeded 320 yards SINCE. And this is a passing league. That's just straight up pathetic.

Part of it is team adjusting to Cam and things like that, but from watching Cam (he's my #1 fantasy pick and I benched him for Luck SMH), he's not a very intelligent player. He doesn't go through all of his progressions very quickly or fast. A few of his interceptions this year have just been straight stupid. He's very impatient. And his deep ball is non-existent, and you have Steve Smith on your team.

Secondly, mistakes/bad games wear on him too much -> lacks confidence. Confident/borderline cocky players don't care for mistakes, and go out and try to atone for them. Usually if Cam starts out poorly, he'll suck the whole game.

However, he doesn't have a good running game to back him up. And most QBs go through a 2nd year slump. If he doesn't pick it up next year, any hope of him becoming an elite QB is done.

15. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

i mite kno bout it dis year

[​IMG]

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

on first take they are discussing players calling a cam a diva at the pro bowl. i really hope this guy gets it together. the discussion is fluctating between his leadership and the timing of the comments coming out.

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i've only seen him once this year when he played the Giants. he scored a TD and did his Superman pose when his team was still down 3 scores. i thought that was the height of stupidity.

then i heard on the radio that in the Chiefs game after every 1st down he converted himself, he Supermanned it too while his team was losing. the guy just doesn't get it.

18. t_mac1

It was only one anonymous player. And it's weird you wait this long to make this statement "anonymously."

But Cam still has a lot of room to grow in a lot of areas.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

not bumping for ego

the game he had yesterday he was the first player to throw for 250 run for 100 and have a throwing and rushing td all in same game.

20. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

he's gonna be the biggest wasted talent in NFL History