1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cam Newton On Pace to be Greatest Football Player Eva

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by pgabriel, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I haven't posted in months. I avoid the D&D to avoid complete morons like yourself.

the deal is, I gave numbers and specific trends why cam was not on pace for anything and was massively over hyped. I was called a hater and a racist. You are the biggest fool of that lot.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the first post you made in this thread you called me foolish and then proceeded to have some stupid ass argument about him being below 60% on completion % when it was like 59.4. stop crying

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

and i never called you racist in this thread.

4. Bandwagoner

Not crying, just exposing your foolishness. It isn't "petty" to come back to an argument when more is know about the results and you were in a complete state of delusion.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

seriously, i know that some people thought i started this thread as some tebow backlash or to start contreversy. when i started this thread honestly i was stunned that no one was talking about the season that cam was having, but it wasn't some hey look a this black quarterback that no one likes to talk about and everyone has written off.

the guy was putting up astronomical numbers and considering he had just won the heisman and the national title as well as the national title at blinn i thought it deserved a thread.

i used to be like some of you guys, getting pissed off at the most petty stuff, really i couldn't believe some of you guys were so bothered by the thread.

casey
    Apo3
    donkeymagic

in particular

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

dude you just said i called you racist, i just proved you came into the thread all butthurt and and i never called you racist.

who is delusional?

you're still worked up over a thread about a rookie qb?

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

8. Bandwagoner

No I said I was called racist and a hater after I gave reasons and trends to back up my arguments.

None of those seem very far fetched, and all have panned out.

the guy who said Cam is on pace to be the best ever. (you)

I haven't been here for months so checked up on this thread. Going after me instead of eating a little crow doesn't surprise me at all. I just poke a little fun at you, let everyone see, then let you say whatever you want. You could have eaten a little crow and kept the discussion going, if you weren't so petty.

9. Buck Turgidson

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kTX6Q6_VFW8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't really see the issue with the original thread. pgabs said that Newton was "on pace" to be the greatest ever, meaning if he continued on his current trajectory he'd reach that level. Based on the numbers he posted throughout his rookies year, especially when you look at aggregate passing-rushing ATT, YDs, and TDs, pgabs really wasn't wrong. So while you could certainly say that Newton hasn't maintained the trajectory he was on his Rookie season, on a semantic level the "on pace" argument really wasn't off base.

Also, I remember you making some insane argument about how Newton wasn't a top fantasy QB, when in almost every format he unquestionably was.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

pgabs, I just went back and read all 7 of my prior posts and wouldn't change one word. I was overwhelmingly positive of Cam Newton. I stayed on the subject and contributed to the discussion. To say I was "pissed off at the most petty stuff" and "so bothered by the thread" is just moronic. Your overly sensitive reaction to one of my posts says it all. If you can't stand the heat, don't start threads.

Your reaction:

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

because you certainly ate crow last season right?

after the season was over i remember two different sports writers in different media outlets saying this was the greatest rookie season ever and i didn't come in here and post them to build my ego.

the fact is caseyh, you always assume there is some racial angle to what i post and quite frankly your ego will not allow any black poster to be right about anything. you're worse than trader_jorge

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

before I responded to you some poster compared me to jamell hill and you agreed. nice way to leave that out, then still before i responded to you directly, you responded to my response to assmagic calling it knee jerk non-sense.

edit: i will say you were much more level headed, i can undersrtand taking issue to the thread title but i think a lot of you still didn't understand what i was getting at.

I wrote "football player" not "nfl player" for a reason. for the umpteenth time, considering he won two college titles, one juco, one major, and the heisman, and had the greatest rookie season by a lot of standards, he was "ON PACE" to be the greatest "FOOTBALL PLAYER" ever

#193 pgabriel, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The fact that you put "eva" at the end of the thread title - a clear use of ebonics instead of the King's English - really set everything off.

RG3 has usurped Cam as the new Black Jesus.

15. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

you know whats funny, ever since that whole "black jesus" comment. The redskins have had more injuries, and havent won a game since

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why is that funny? Did Jesus get injured often?

17. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

i dont think its funny, i just wish the media would stop trying to put so much pressure on young black qb's to win right away

If Cam was as bad as Blaine Gabbert, or Christian Ponder you would hear it in the sports media everyday

So while i can sympathize with some people saying that the medis goes out of their way to hype up black qb's. The opposite has to ring true for white qb's who have bad games, but never get called out for it

Russell Wilson had all of his flaws pointed out week and week, what about Andrew Luck or Ryan Tahenhilll, these guys never have film session on how to stop them even though they are rookies as well

Its a 2-headed coin, black qbs gets overhyped sometimes, but young white qb's never get egg on their face when they have bad games by the media

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Then why would you post:

Insert Rick James pic here

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think RG3 has more hype because he's black and racist white people often get enamored with the Michael Vick type passer who can take off and run for 70 yard TDs.

Why do you think Bill Cowher went nuts for a while and tried to actually run his offense around Kordell Stewart when he was basically the Tim Tebow of his era?

Cam has handled himself like a diva, whereas RG3 has handled himself with the utmost class and with respect for the game, and has told people he'd rather be compared to Aaron Rodgers than Randall Cunningham, because the young man understands that he has the ability to be the black quarterback who bucks the stereotype.

It is also fitting since the first black QB to win a Super Bowl happened to do it wearing a Redskins jersey. I have a feeling RG3 will be the 2nd, before Cam.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i actually did make a post in this thread that i would still be concerned about cam's attitude. he is just not a team first person, you can tell he's out for the riches. that being said, i think he is clearly the better talent. rgIII however is also very fun to watch, its nice to see michael vick laser like arm strength with actual manning/rodgers type accuracy.