1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cam Newton On Pace to be Greatest Football Player Eva

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by pgabriel, Oct 26, 2011.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm dead serious. Not saying it will happen. But think about this. The guy has a national championship, he has a Heisman, he has a juco championship. He set the rookie record for most passing yards in his first game. He has more RUSHING touchdowns than everyone not named Adrian Peterson. He's fourth in passing yardage behind the undisputed top three qbs in the league.

oh yeah, he's a rookie who hasn't played 8 games. Debate

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He has the potential to be something special.

Yet Tim Tebow gets all the headlines.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Cam is indeed what I thought Vince would be......

Cam is just way better in all areas....including above the shoulders.

DD

4. Asian Sensation

Newton's a stud no doubt. He's quite the specimen and he seems like a good kid that wants to do well. He's only going to get better which is the scary part.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

LOL, it's too early to tell how his career will go, but Cam Newton has a chance to be very special if he continues to work and improve. He was awesome against the Redskins on Sunday. Forget the previous 400+ yard games, I think it was clearly his best game of the year.

6. Mr. Clutch

Who saw this coming? He didn't have the hype Andrew Luck is getting.

There was no "Suck for Cam" campaign, and not just because it doesn't rhyme.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

There should be a football grand slam championship belt.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

he runs the spread, it will take him three years to adjust, meanwhile matt lienart runs a pro style offense at usc.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

He's going to be scary good in 3 years when they really start to get some weapons around him.

#1 pick in fantasy for sure.

A lot of people thought the Panthers were throwing money at the next VY... but Cam has that "it" factor that VY lost around the same time
    he lost his shirt drinking tequila at a sausage fest.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

its all about the fantasy. reminds me when culpepper stepped on the scene. the only year i won fantasy, daunte culpepper was a sophomore. remember that year, but he had randy moss. and then he wanted randy moss shipped off. that wacky culpepper was so funny.

11. Mr. Clutch

I won with Daunte that year he put up those monster stats too.

I picked up Cam early this year.

Cam does have some decent weapons- Steve Smith, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan stewart. Greg Olsen is an above average TE.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh God, y'all sound like an ESPN teaser in here. I can already see the Sportscenter audio clip -- "Adam, Is Cam Newton better than Tom Brady? I think so Linda, let me break it down." -- Jesus.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You're seriously like the most whiny little b****. How did they even let you in the Frat?

Wait... don't answer that.

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If anyone starts that argument it will be Jemele Hill.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That's exactly who I thought of after reading the OP.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

good, she's a good analyst. thanks

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

He didn't get the "suck for Luck" treatment because he was playing in junior college the year before he took college football by storm. Luck has been playing college football for 3 years now.

Oh, and yeah, Cam Newton has shocked the hell out of me. I mean, I thought taking him #1 was a bit of a stretch, but he's surpassed every expectation I've had of him.

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Since I saw Young mentioned in here a few times I thought it was funny what was posted about him after the Philadelphia-Washington game in Week 6.

"The Eagles apparently discovered the cure for concussions and its name is Vince Young." or something similar to that. This was on a play after Vick had got dirt in his eyes and Young came in a threw a pick.

19. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Jemele Hill is trash, why she's still employed by the worldwide leader of sports is beyond me.

Take that back, they probably hired her just for shock value. She's a hack who always pulls out the race card.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

what has tried to pull the race card on. i remember a lebron article a few years ago.