1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Murphy's crooked hair cut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pippen85, Jan 4, 2001.

1. pippen85

pippen85 Member

I hate the way that Calvin Murphy cuts his hair. I just want to go over there and slap him. He is very annoying. His hair cut looks so weird. It's sort of a v-shaped hair cut. It just pisses me off to see someone look so freakin stupid. If you read this Calvin get a new hair cut.

------------------

2. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Calvin Murphy wants to be the next coach of the Houston Rockets. You can tell by the way he calls game.....

------------------
    "Chucky who?" Charles Barkley

3. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Thats the Dracula style LMAO [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

4. SwisherShot

SwisherShot Member

Receding hairlines will do that to ya...

------------------

5. Summer Song Giver

Yeah I think that's just how his hair grows now I mean honestly do you think he asks the barber to cut it like that

------------------
    Now chew through my ball sack

6. verse

verse Contributing Member

Yes.

Yes I Do.

Calvin Murphy has the worst edgeup in the nba. EVER. even worse than cadillac "i have no forehead" anderson.

calvin is a huckling, chuckling, swashbuckling embarassment to broadcast television.

------------------
    :mad:

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I do not like Murphy as a broadcaster, however, one event from his playing days is forever etched in my mind. The Rockets were on National TV (back in the days when the NBA was seldom on TV - before cable). Murphy was called for a foul that he did not agree with. As he walked by the broadcasters, you could clearly hear him say in that high pitched voice:

"Who that mo%$^#fu^&%r think he is?"

It was hilarious.

------------------

8. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Calvin Murphy PAINTS his hair on each day.
    He is really bald.

------------------
    "Chucky who?" Charles Barkley

9. Francis2k

Francis2k Member

What the hell are you guy's talking about?Bill and Calvin f***ing rule.And for your information thats what you call an edge up.I just dont like to see pepole bash anybody that has to do with the Rockets.Have you any guy's heard the other analyst around the nba? Bill and Calvin are the only announcers that can get a laugh out of you win your watching a game. Maybe all of you that bash calvin are from the old school and hate to be entertained while the rockets are loosing.

------------------

10. Summer Song Giver

Calvin does get on my nerves occasionally,usualy not so bad when he isn't talking.He tends to call the game as if we were a bunch of preschoolers watching our first basketball game;also he harps on the same things game after game it's either Bill's amazing prowess to jinx the opposing player's free throws.Sometimes he does make me laugh but personally I prefer Gene Peterson's straight forward,descriptive style of calling the game.

------------------
    Now chew through my ball sack

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Oh yeah I'm sure Calvin is going to take seriously a guy whose username is pippen85! [​IMG]

J/K [​IMG]

------------------
    "I have a scale at home and it only goes up so far, I love that scale!"
    - Charles Barkley
    TNT Studios

[This message has been edited by RocksMillenium (edited January 05, 2001).]

12. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

After seeing many Rockets games broadcast by other teams' announcers I have to fairly say that Bill and Calvin are by far the most entertaining broadcasters in the league.

------------------
    We will ball.

13. CHARockets4ever

I agree. I think they add a little CHARISMA to the commentating. I mean, what? You want to hear more of the NBC like commentators? BORING and aggravating!

His hair IS a little bit questionable though. I'd like to see how it would look shaped differently~ Maybe he just wants it as his trade mark? It's kinda like a messed up "M" for Murphy...But I don't know what kind of hairdresser that is. And he's named her on TV. Does she still get business?

------------------
    Charles, seems you've got your work cut out for you. I'm BEHIND you 100%!!!

14. verse

umm, hey buddy. see my post. and that's called a freakin arrow, not an edgeup.

first of all, your spelling sux. second of all, there is a difference between entertaining and embarassing. for example, calling someone a camel jockey is not entertaining. eating cookies on air (ALL THE DAMN TIME!) is not entertaining. that ridiculous kooky, huckleberry chuckle is not entertaining. all of these are pretty damn sad and part of the reason he was fired before.

while, yes, calvin is knowledgeable about the game (i'd never disagree on that one), his antics (those listed above, along with his penchant for saying "it's intresting..." and numerous others) makes me embarassed to say he's our "color man".

nahmean???

------------------
    [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by verse (edited January 05, 2001).]

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

verse,

Funny, a guy who never starts his sentence with a capital letter is criticizing someone's spelling.

16. verse

i'm guessing you forgot the [​IMG]

btw,

WOULD IT BE BETTER IF I SHOUTED ALL THE TIME AND PUT FORTY EXCLAMATION POINTS AFTER EVERY STATEMENT CAUSE IF SO I COULD DO THAT AND MAYBE THROW IN A FEW SERIOUSLY UNNECESSARY RUN-ON SENTENCES JUST FOR COLOR AND TO MAKE IT AS DIFFICULT AS POSSIBLE FOR COHERENT, AT-LEAST-GRAMMAR-SCHOOL-EDUCATED-READERS TO UNDERSTAND?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

------------------
    :mad:

17. hedster

hedster Member

That is the way his hair grows. It is called a "widdow's peak" and it is a recessive trait. Some people's hair just grows that way, but when you have long hair it is not as noticeable. But I do like the idea that the M is for Murphy.

------------------

18. alaskansnowman

What's so bad bout him eatin cookies on the air? Do the cookies in someway upset you? The cookies have nothin to do with the way he calls the game except for the "Thank you for the cookies".

Calvin & Bill are tight... a very entertaining broadcasting duo. I'd take them over that clown Costas anyday.

------------------
    da ability to focus attention on important things is a defining characteristic of intelligence - alaskanSnowman