1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

C.D. and Lucas Talking At Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketFan007, Jul 26, 2001.

1. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Did anyone else see Dawson and Lucas talking during the Rocky Mountain Revue game tonight? Could they be talking about a sign and trade? If the Rockets were to make a sign and trade with the Cavs, what about this:
    Dream(5 mil) for Chris Mihm(2 mil) and Cedric Henderson(3 mil).

I'd make this deal because Henderson is a free agent after this year, and I thinmk Mihm can be a good center in this league. I know alot of you think that he's more of a PF, but the guy is a seven footer.

------------------

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

or maybe they're just buds.

but i would be okay with trade talks. [​IMG]

------------------
    Long Live The Catomic Bomb.

DON'T TRADE DOTEL!

3. Eric

Eric Member

Hey Rocketfan... I think that the Henderson/Mihm deal would be great for the Rockets. That way if Shandon Anderson wants too much money, we have a starting 3 so that Morris, Langi, or Griffin could slide into that spot gradually rather than being thrown in their. I sure hope CD and Lucas were talking trade!! I am ready to get our offseason moving rather than waiting for hakeem to get moving!

------------------
    "It is better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

4. dream_team

dream_team Member

i hope CD was telling Lucas to "Layoff Hakeem! He's ours!"

------------------

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Considering John Lucas played for the Rockets and does so much stuff down here, they could've just been having a friendly chat. That being said, I'm sure they threw some deals by each other...

------------------
    "I'll tell you this, the older I get, the less I trust people. It's true. It's damn true." -- gr8-1 going through some growing pains.

6. OT

OT Member

It didn't look like serious negotiating to me. Lucas was walking around with a towel around his neck, carrying a tennis racket and they talked all of 10 seconds, laughing most of the time.

I guess Lucas could have bent over and told CD that if he didn't trade Dream to him, he was going to CD up side the head with his tennis racket. Just kidding....and they laughed.

That's one way of negotiating.

------------------

7. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Carroll and John are friends from way back and also see one another in Houston from time to time. John has a couple of programs he instructs and lectures with in the Houston area (and elsewhere) and he owns some property here.

The conversation probably went something like .....

JL: Hey man, having you given up trying to sign my main man yet? (Laughing)

CD: Have to take it to the limit, John. We'll get him. We're getting close. What do you have over there that we would even consider taking in a sign and swap anyway?

JL: The future man, the future ....

CD: Then why are you so anxious to unload them????? Ya know, you're lying is getting as bad as your tennis game ...... (laughing)

JL: Yeah, same as you Carroll ..... "We're getting close" .... yeah right brother .... I saw you sweating bullets ..... "Getting close" ..... uh huh, ..... all that lying you been doing about that Cato character .... it's made you soft .... AND a poor liar too !
    (Laughing)

CD: Let's get together later.

JL: Yeah. How about a couple sets tomorrow morning?

CD: Well, yeah know I'd like to ..... but, ah .... I gotta stay near a phone ....

JL: 'Kay then, how bout the hottub before we turn in ........

CD: Yeah great .... but I really don't need to be sweating anymore than I have been ... (laughing)....

JL: For sure ..... Say around elevenish?

[​IMG]

------------------

8. tozai

tozai Member

hahaha
    But really, Hakeem needs to make up his mind THIS week

------------------