1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BYU vs Undefeated Houston Cougars

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

O'Korn will learn from this. That kid will be scary good by his junior yr

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I was down initially, but you have to remember this is the last year of the AQ conferences. Last year, Louisville went to the sugar bowl with two losses (Syracuse and Big East UConn).

This game demonstrated that we have the talent to compete with the rest of the conference. We need to eliminate the stupid mental errors and maintain poise.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

How did the game end? Didn't get to see it. I know UH had the ball with about a minute left.

4. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

one promising thing is that this qb and receiver group are young and will have 2 - 3 years to mesh together like keenum did with edwards and bunch, plus we have a nice young defense too things are looking good to me.

5. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Interception on the first play and then game was over after they made a first down.

6. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Quick question to any football fan, what are the rules for when is a football player is elligible for the draft?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

3 years removed from senior year in HS I believe.

8. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

O'Korn did some good things today but he made some freshman mistakes too. He can't let them get a delay of game coming out of a timeout. He took a sack in the red zone that might have been why Leone missed one of those field goals. He got away with a backwards pass but he cost us 10yds of field position and after the penalty punting out of the end zone set BYU up nicely for their winning drive.

Its good it wasn't a conference game but we still let this one slip away from us.

9. Poloshirtbandit

Couldn't make it out so had to listen to this game on the radio. Very proud of this team despite not winning.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

UH has another case. Y'all will be competitive for the next 3 few years. Great to see, now if only my bobcats could take the next step.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Three wins from bowl eligible. FYI, I'm bowl eligible now...wake and bake! :)

12. MexAmercnMoose

this loss stung, but like all of you, i am very happy in the direction that this team is going, next year is gonna be badass!!! especially because of the new stadium!!