1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bynum said Yao is the toughest opponent!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jlwee, Sep 24, 2008.

1. jlwee

jlwee Member

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bynum-knee-season-2168100-lakers-super

Q: Who has been the toughest opponent you have faced personally?
    A: I would have to say Yao (Ming). It’s weird to play up against someone longer than me. But I’ve worked on a couple of moves to counter that.

Q: Who do you see is the toughest opponent you will face this season? And out of the West?
    A: I would have to say Boston because I had two of my worst games against them this year. And in the West, I think Houston looks good right now.

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

While I don't really care too much about what Bynum thinks about the opposition considering his short NBA career, I can appreciate his rationality.

It's good to not hear Dampier shouting about being the second best center in the league.

Yao just needs to stay healthy for a full season.

3. x3ldonx

x3ldonx Member

Ha! Finally someone gives credit to the Great Wall... and witout the reporter having to mention his name. Even though he feels he is his toughest opponent, I am a bit worry about Bynum. :confused:

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

you are? yao will eat his lunch...

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Defensively, Yao is best against the other big centers and post players. This has been true a long time. Bynum, Duncan, Curry all have trouble with Yao because of his height and bulk.

6. MONON

MONON Member

Bynum has trouble against Yao. Gasol has trouble against Scola. Kobe has trouble against Battier. They will all have trouble against Artest. Who's gonna score for the Lakers when they play us???

7. DANgerous

DANgerous Member

duh. the machine, sasha vujacic.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

kobe will score he always does

9. redao

redao Member

Gasol is Yao's toughest opponent.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Kobe has had a lot of big games against Shane, but yeah Shane has also been very active on him. But now with Artest it will be so difficult for Kobe to score. You have to deal with Artest in the starting lineup and than the task ain't easier cause Battier comes off the bench...

11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Yao's toughest opponent is not a player, but usually a type of team or style of play.

I would still say Golden State and any other team that likes play small and teams who like to play very aggressively on defense or good shutting other players....Utah and Detroit. Numbers prove that he struggles the most against both of those teams. Detroit usually holds him under seasonal averages.

Gasol doesn't play any defense, and he is not toughest person for Yao to guard. That honor goes to Carlos Boozer, Al Jefferson, and Kevin Garnett.

12. dback816

dback816 Member

Since when is Bynum such an important figure that what he says has any weight ?!?!?!

I predict 16/8.5 for Bynum this season, more touches but end up slacking on defense

13. Dei

Dei Member

Don't forget the refs.

14. spydermex

spydermex Member

Lol cant forget that one.

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only things that can stop or slow Yao Ming down.

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The man is 7'6 what do you expect?

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Preach on, I like it!

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

When you score your buckets from the post using your size, length and weight Yao is your worst nightmare because he is bigger, longer and stronger than everyone else.

Bynum needs a 15 foot jumper otherwise Yao will always dominate him offensively.

20. Good Times

Good Times Member

Living in LA I've watch nearly all the Laker games. I seriously can't think of anyone that causes problems for Bynum one on one other than Yao and I really do think Bynum is a dominate force one on one. If it wasn't for Bynum's stamina he'd already be a 20 and 10 player.

The funny thing is that Bynum actually says in interviews he wants so badly to have a good game against Yao. It's as if that's his ultimate goal and he has admitted Yao gets to him. I think that pressure has gotten so bad that it's disturbed his game mentality. To me alot of it is perception, even when he's wide open in those games he thinks Yao is there and going to block him and goes up soft or passes up the shot. Anyone else and he'd dunk it like he was Shaq. He also gets into foul trouble early on in almost every game against Yao.

It reminds me of when Yao use to go up against Shaq early on. Alot of Laker fans actually expect Bynum to get owned by Yao. It's pay back!