1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Business Leaders Humiliate Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rashmon, Aug 15, 2017.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you believe all violence is bad so there's no need to call out violence from radical Islamic terrorist violence?

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think all violence by extremists should be called out.

3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

So it's okay not to call out Radical Islamic terrorism? That's okay as long we just call out extremist violence?

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I hate the white supremacists as much as everyone else but I am not a fan of Antifa and their facist ways. Why doesn't the moderate left disassociate from them?

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Call it all out! My country sucks right now!

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Do you think it makes sense to call out radical Islamic terrorism after an incident of radical Islamic terrorism? And then to call out the specific extremist groups responsible for the particular event of violence been addressed?

Does that make sense?

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

probably realizes he can't get anything done.

8. Spooner

Spooner Member

Most have. The same way most conservatives aren't nazis. Anitifa is stupid people. I do find it funny that you would say that a supposedly anti fascist group is fascist. Can you elaborate? Outside of that, I think we can agree that white supremacists and Antifa are both filled with stupid people. I will say however if I had to choose a side, in that particular scenario I'd probably side with the group that didn't run a truck into a group of people.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Updated Trump Manufacturing Council roster:
    [​IMG]

Rashmon likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Way past time for Austin resident Micheal Dell to leave this farce. He is embarrassing himself by staying. I can tell you without fear of being wrong that the currently high opinion of the man here will sink fast if he doesn't. This is Austin, Texas. It isn't some backward village in the Deep South living in a morass of distorted memories of the "glory days" of the Confederacy.

Hakeemtheking and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I asked you yesterday to please be careful equating. Why is this so hard to understand why this is offensive.

Also- respectfully... I just don't think you understand what facism really means. Antifa is not an organized political party that rules a nation. They do not control industry or commerce which is essential in facism. Antifa is an extreme activist group that believes the time for pacifism is over with which I disagree with. I'm a hippy who wants to give peace a chance like most of my liberal friends who like to listen to weird music and talk about love and harmony.

The reason why Nazis get called facist is because they once held power in Germany and excercised facism. The white nationalist movement is born out of the KKK and bears the swastikas of the Nazi party. Antifa literally stands for Anti FACISM which would make no sense for them to not support the KKK.

If you want to have a Serious discussion about activist groups that have taken a more extreme tone and believe pacifism and peaceful exchanges are now over with, I'm game to do that elsewhere.

But continueing to equate in the subject of this conversation you are possibly inadvertently excusing neo Nazis and a domestic terrorist murder.

Please stop equating Nazis to some made up equal left enemy that Trump needs to justify his partnership with the Alt Right Nazis. You don't need the votes of the Alt Right so you don't need to justify it like Trumo does. You have no reason to keep offending people here man and nothing to gain from it.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What about violent non-extremists?

14. Buck Turgidson

These guys?

[​IMG]

15. TL

TL Contributing Member

Strategic and Policy Forum is supposedly quitting together. Finally - people are starting to realize the evil

NewRoxFan likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

17. NewRoxFan

A Trump strategic council featuring business giants is disbanding
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/a-second-trump-advisory-council-is-disbanding.html

TL likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They gave him a chance.

African Americans gave him a chance too since immigration and wall talk didn't bother them but this stuff does. Identity politics and Trump just angered the people that when passionate will respond I guess.

19. NewRoxFan

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member