1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Burger King Delivery!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ptR91, Apr 25, 2013.

1. ptR91

ptR91 Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/burger-king-delivery-chic_n_3141940.html

"Doing its part to drastically shorten the trip between a Whopper and a hungry mouth, Burger King announced Tuesday its new delivery service is hitting Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco.

Washington, D.C. was the first major metro area to get delivery service, followed by Houston, Miami and New York, the Associated Press reports.

In a Tuesday statement, the fast food chain said Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chicago have some of the restaurant's "most loyal guests:"

"The Burger King brand is excited to offer them the opportunity to enjoy the food they love, delivered to them in the comfort of their home, dorm or office."
    Chicago-area delivery will trickle in to the Loop, Lincoln Park and Logan Square neighborhoods within city limits, and to nearby suburbs of Evanston, Skokie, Cicero and Downers Grove, according to the Tribune.

Near San Francisco, Oakland, San Leandro, San Ramon and Union City have participating restaurants. In Los Angeles, a Glendale franchise was the first Californian restaurant to take the delivery plunge.

The delivery menu offers nearly the full spectrum of regular Burger King restaurant offerings, with the added option of combos and delivery deals — like the 10 cheeseburgers and 20-piece chicken nuggets meal. The company said a "proprietary thermal packaging technology" will keep burgers toasty and desserts chilly as they're schlepped to customers' location of choice.

According to the AP, Burger King Delivery has a minimum order of $10 and orders must be placed between 11 a.m. and 10 p.m. with delivery times and prices varying by location."

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I'm sure this is going to help lower obesity.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah well don't order the fries. Seven or eight minutes out of the fryer and they taste like crap no matter what.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

"Two Tripple Whopper menus, large milkshake, cheese fries...and a salad, need to watch my diet."

This will be bad.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

"the 10 cheeseburgers and 20-piece chicken nuggets meal"

This is one meal?

Sounds to me like in about 20 years the obese of "today" will be the average of "tomorrow."

6. VanityHalfBlack

2013 and this concept is now being indoctrinated now? Where the fuc-k was this service 30 ******* years ago???

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Burger King has gone down the drain with their new fries, onion rings, and side orders. Totally yuck now.

8. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

9. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I thought this has been going on for a while now. I know the BK by my office in Stafford has been for 8 months or more. Not that I've ordered anything, but I've seen their delivery cars there and driving around.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It has. I received a few coupons in the mail before from the BK on FM 1092 sometime earlier last year.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Considering how much traffic McDonalds gets, just imagine if they did this.

Whataburger would be ideal, though.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

FIFY!

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Start working out, tubby. :p

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It seemed to take McDonald's forever to start accepting credit cards, they were still successful then so if they're not doing this also, it's probably for a good reason. The delivery hours are no better than major pizza chains; that and the minimum cost detract from burger joints two advantages: cost and convenience.

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This is disgusting.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

God forbid you have to get off the couch and cook something.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Great, here comes the "fast food is the devil" people :rolleyes:

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

But, but, but...IT'S FLAME BROILED!!!

[​IMG]

19. ReverseBjorn

ReverseBjorn Member

https://bkdelivers.com/#!areas

I guess you learn something new everyday. Burger quality has gone down significantly though. I remember back in the day when whoppers were 99 cents and i would go to lunch from school. damn good burgers. now, not so much

20. likestohypeguy

So they have changed? I thought it was just me, they seem to have a weird chemical taste lately I didn't remember. Might have been preservatives in what I assume is precooked bacon. MOre experimentation is in order.