1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bug in your food - what would you do?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ChrisP, Apr 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

OK, so you buy a bag of pistachios from a grocery store. You open the bag and absent-mindedly start cracking shells and popping the nuts in your mouth as you read the BBS. Suddenly, you notice something in your mouth doesn't seem right... something fuzzy. You look at the last shell in your hand and see what looks like a bug coccoon in it.

After freaking, spitting and washing your mouth out... what would you do about it?

Seriously, this just happened to me. My first thought was to take it back to the store, but what then... ask for a refund? That doesn't seem adequate... yah, I'd like my buck-fifty back.

On the other hand, I hate how litigious our society is and I don't want to just call a lawyer and try to cash in. That seems like overkill.

Mind you, this wasn't just a bug that had found it's way into the bag -- it was a bug's baby that had been laid right in the shell. How in the hell does that happen?! Now, I don't think I'm going to get sick or anything, but it is just repulsive to a very large degree.

Should I call Marvin Zindler (is he even still alive)?

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Gotta call the man!

[​IMG]

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Call Akins Army and ask her to give LonghornFan a shoutout on air. That would be SO dope!

Wait, no it wouldn't. All Longhorn fans would think "Dude, she's talking to me!" Then I would be pissed that my celebrity status was not attained.

Just quit eating bugs. That's just sick.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

"Act a Fool"

5. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

That's pretty gross, but I agree with you, rare things like that happen, I would just let it slide, but be more careful the next time I ate that food product

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I'd continue my quest for the better breast and breat perfection. But every has gotta do what they gotta do.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

What does that mean?

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

be a man!

*chants* Finish the bag! Finish the bag!

:D

9. PhiSlammaJamma

I silent letters and into sentences. I'm evolving.

10. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

Get up in their grill and be like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit i want a refund times 2 or else im gonna go Tmac on your ass.

11. dumbholly

dumbholly Member

While i was in DC last spring break on a school trip, i went to Fuddruckers for the first time. Seeing as i am a vegitarian all i could eat was the caesar salad. Halfway through my salad i notice a coackroach on its back, feet moving in the air, and i show it to the manager and all they give me is a cookie :mad:

Needless to say, but that was the first and last time I went Fuddruckers

12. micah1j

micah1j Member

Do you still have the remains of the bug and/or can identify it? Any real proof?

Send a letter, copy of the receipt, remains of the bug in a zip lock back to the company. Tell them how grossed out you were and that you purchase their product all the time but are now hesitant to purchase their product. Don't ask for anything. Generally companies like to keep loyal customer happy and if you are willing to go through all the above to let them know of the problem they'll usually take care of you.

13. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Yeah... that's not happening. This ain't Fear Factor.

I think PSJ's drunk. :)

Anyway, I'm probably too lazy to follow up on this. I was just really grossed out and pissed off when I saw this thing. I thought there's got to be some way I can get compensated for my... uh, pain and suff... never mind. This isn't like a finger in my chili. Oh wait, that doesn't count. Get me a lawyer!

I do still have the bug, though. It looks like a larvae or something. Nasty looking little bugger.

Maybe I will mail it back to the company along with the rest of the bag and the good customer spiel. See what they do.

Better do better than a cookie, dammit.

14. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Call the quality assurance number on the bag, or look for it online. They'll likely send you coupons for free product.

15. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

punch the clerk..... right in the ovary.

16. Ming Dynasty

Ming Dynasty Member

This happened to me last week with a bag of Fresh Express hearts of romaine salad. Like I want some freaking coupons. Not only am I never buying any of their products again, I haven't even bought from another brand since I found the offending bug.

So to thank them for their coupons, I thought I'd post here to say that Fresh Express sucks to all of you.

17. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

I'd look into some of these ads down on the bottom of the screen... Find a new pistachio provider.

I've found the occasional hair in my food kind of thing, but I'm not freaked out by that as much as a lot of people are... I've never experienced anything worse, like a bug or a finger. I can't complain.

18. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

ask for free food from that store for life...or you'll take it big time.

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

a freaking cookie? man, if i saw that i don't know when i'd eat again. i don't usually make a big deal of these things but roaches are the nastiest things in the world. i'm grossed out thinking about it.

20. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

[​IMG]

A bug in your bag of nuts?!?! In Russia, we don't even get prize in our cereal box, and you get bugs in bag of nuts?! What a country!!