1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Bucks were on fire...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Purvis2Short, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Bucks were on fire...

I think it was just a bad loss at the wrong time...everyone is so quick to blow up the team...I think we will be fine....Some of you guys are correct by saying that some ego's on the team need to be rectified but will be resolved in the immediate future and should be more of a reflection on the coach than anything...We don't need a trade, we need to play through this...Milwaukee was hitting everything they threw into the rim...There will be losses like this but we still have the potential to be a great team once the ego's and injuries subside....No trades just play basketball

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

True they did, but they were also WIDE open.....and the Rockets as a team laid down...especially the starters.

DD

3. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Maybe this explains why so many teams are on fire against us. Maybe this explains why we're .500 against teams below .500.

I get the feeling that really bad teams look forward to playing us. I'm sure they circle the date on the calendar of the next game against the Rockets as an easy win.

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

You have your head in the sand.

5. tested911

tested911 Member

Of course the Bucks were on fire but that doesn't mean you stop on defense and take it in the rear.. To many times did look Rockets team defense look SORRY... What happened to our defense? We still have key players here who played under JVG so they shouldn't have forgotten everything. JVG >Rick At least JVG was able to overachieve with not a great team and still be competitive.. Rick with a better group and deeper bench looks like a lottery team.. What gives..

6. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

you could just tell the starters came in today with 0 sense of urgency and intensity.

everyone was thinking others will step up and this will be an easy game. Everyone was cruising and thinking about the all star break.

result = blowout by a less talented, but much more focused and hungry team.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We are 13th in opponent FG%.
    We are accustomed to being in the top 5...
    Or you can just watch the games, the effort, the looks on their faces, then you wouldn't need the stats.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

There is no question in my mind that the Rockets would have lost a bunch more games if some of those teams we beat just hit their wide open shots. Rockets want to take credit for "good defense" when teams miss their wide open looks. I personally haven't seen "good defense" all year from this team. I think they are just catching some teams on their off-nights. It speaks volumes when below .500 teams torch us at will.

This team is soft. Who cares about the playoffs when you have terrible team defense?

9. 1individual

1individual Member

I used to think the same way as you do until yesterday's game against the Bucks when I saw T-Mac missing the wide open dunk, Artest cracking up, Artest jacking up what he used to do a few games before, and the coach not doing anything until we were down by 20. There's a reason why they were hitting that hot %, its because our defense stunk like soy beans.

10. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

our defense sucks, bring back jvg

11. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Even if they were on fire, i believe we were supposed to douse them down with defense.

But then...we just sucked again. :(

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

This thread doesn't make sense. I understand, there are nights like that when you feel like you can't miss, or you cannot do anything to stop your opponent.

But damn it, it happens EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Let's check the stats.

Memphis shot 53.3% against us (40-75) and 50% from downtown. They were at full strength.

Milwaukee shot 52.8% and 50% from downtown. But my Goodness, they were without their best scorer, best passer and best big man...

Exactly. We look slow, old. Perimeter players are getting right by our defenders with ease. But you have to watch the game to see that.

We have no helf defense, Scola, Landry don't come with help defense. There is no communication between players. They don't talk, they don't yell.

And than we have no shot blockers so guard love to play against us. They can get to the paint every time the want.

I mean come on, it is Milwaukee, playing without 3 key guys. THERE ARE NO EXCUSES.

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

So was Memphis...

So was Indiana...

So was Philly...

So was Toronto...

So were the Knicks...

So were the Clippers.

One time is an anomaly. This many times is a trend.

14. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

Everybody is on fire against us. This season, playing against the Rockets is like having shooting practice, defense isn't even there

15. ebu

ebu Member

this was the philadelphia (as always lmaoo)

who cares about losing the sub .500 teams......were better against the better teams so we'll be fine :) think positive

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I hope you are not serious :)

17. Precision340

Precision340 Member

exactly!! this was at least the 8th game we lost to teams below .500.. surprisingly enough we are only a couple of games out of the 4th seed... this team will implode if they don't start improving on the defensive end

18. esteban

esteban Member

As soon as I saw this tread, the OP failed from the start. You need to put a little more thoughts in your thread!

19. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Dang, listening to you guys, I maybe in denial......I still think we have a good team and will take some creative coaching to make this work....I wonder the only big difference between this year and last is Artest....Do you guys think he is a locker room cancer like everyone prior to the season was hoping against??