1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bucks trash talking Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by asianballa23, Jan 10, 2019.

1. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Harden gave up towards the end... why the Fck would you shoot back to back 3’s when your just down 3 with 2 mins left. Should’ve drove it in instead

hakeem94 and Swapshop like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Considering the rate he has been hitting these shots, they seemed like great shots. I'm not mad at it.

3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Nothing to see here. Move along.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It was our atrocious paint defense, which was non-existent, and the fact that we don't take mid-range. When the bucks went on that 15-0(or whatever it was) in the 3rd, we kept jacking up threes. I've always preached and advocated taking mid range jumpers in that scenario just to at least stop the bleeding. But we don't have a coach or fo that thinks that way.

mulletman and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Lopez should talk about how he dominated Clint...sad to see

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I promise you guys Raps will smoke the Bucks in a playoff series.

Handles likes this.
  7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Part true part bullish

True: You held the role players down. You Made it hard for Harden.

Bullish: If Harden has the same game he had last night 42 points, 11 assists, 37.5% from 3 every game for the rest of this career....he would go down as the greatest offensive player ever.

hakeem94 and vlaurelio like this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Did you watch the game? It's amazing he was even walking at that point.

vlaurelio likes this.
  9. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

This thread is an example of today's BBS being softer than the BBS of yesteryear.

10. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

The team shot 37% from the field last night, we didn't deserve to beat the Cavs let alone the team with the best record in the NBA, and we almost came back on them.

The Bucks are long and shoot great from the line as a team. The Rockets need some reinforcements back healthy soon or they are gonna run Harden and PJ into the ground, if it hasn't already. Those are the only things I learned from last night. How trotting out Knight, House, Clark, and Green when Harden sits has been winning us games, I have no idea.

11. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Agreed, that was pretty disappointing. We need Capela to play big each and every game somehow.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Bully for you, Malcolm. By the way, I was at the game yesterday. This garbage about Giannis "dominating" us in a victory is utter bullshit. Giannis struggled to get his shot all night, and had the quietest 20+ 20+ night I've ever seen. Until he starts asserting himself more forcefully, the Bucks will struggle to get out of the East in the playoffs.

jcf likes this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This is when having CP3 is useful, because he will give us that extra boost we need from the mid range game. The majority of the time we are fine without the mid-range, but once it comes playoff time, it's useful to have a small dose of it to keep the defense honest.

We almost won the game last night, despite Capela having a poor night. Honestly, it's one of those damn if you do but damn if you don't. Mike needed to rest Harden to begin the fourth, the problem was that there was a 10 point swing when he left the game and we didn't have any offensive flow without him. The defense was horrid as well.

Mike had to put Harden back in there otherwise that deficit would have probably ballooned.

Defense was the issue last night. If we would of just kept them from driving in at will, we would of won the game. We really lost the game in the third. I really wish we would of played Nene, I feel he would of been more helpful than detrimental, even if it was for a few minutes.

hakeem94 and donkeypunch like this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. Giannis did not dominate that game. He played a lot better in the fourth and was doing a good job of distributing but overall he wasn't unstoppable.

15. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

They were smoked earlier in the season by a Raptors team that didn't have Lowry. I'm the type that hates to write things off, but I'm willing to say a sweep is a foregone conclusion.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah there's a dig in there but to call that trash talking is a bit of a stretch. And there's a truth to it as well. If Harden didn't take 30 attempts would he have 40 points? Harden was 13-30 which is two shots short of 50% - but 30 attempts IS A LOT.

Teams are adjusting to the Rockets and the Bucks are showing to Harden and the Rockets what Michael Jordan, Lebron, and Kobe Bryant all learned on their way - you can't do it alone. Harden is alone right now and he was alone last night. THAT'S why we got CP3.

Dankstronaut and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The thing is... their defence wasn't even good.

That was so over-the-top laughable how they refused to position themselves in front of him.

Since it's the first game Harden didn't know how to play it properly, looking from further back though (what annoyed me the most about D'Antoni's failure to adjust) there were plenty of opportunities that if happening again - I expect Harden to feast on.

I would give anything for a team to defend Harden like that in the Playoffs.

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I messaged my friend immediately after the game last night.

If the Bucks face a healthy Boston team in the Playoffs, Giannis is going to be embarrassed in front of everyone.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its very strange because he killed lakers in the third quarter with several floaters in a row

20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Saw the same thing, but it isn’t about asserting himself. He needs a better handle, plain and simple if he’s going to handle the ball that much, even if they roll him out at center.

He’s good, but he needs to be great.