1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring back the Oiler name

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Jun 27, 2018.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

In reality not much. Bigot Bob wants to run the team like a plantation (and treat the players accordingly) while Bottomline Bud had his head firmly placed up his own ass. Both are/were clueless assholes.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sign me up to work on a plantation with a minimum salary of 450k where you only have to work 1 day a week part of the year and an example of the "plantation owner" being mean is when he suggests that 1 work that 1 day a week during the part of the year that I work instead of engaging in political nonsense during that time.

If only we all could be so oppressed.

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yes, you too can be sooo oppressed...as long as you know and stay in your place. Oh and shine Bigot Bob's shoes every day.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be interested to see how many NFL players have ever shined Bob McNair's shoes....I'd be willing to bet that number is 0. The narrative you are rolling with is fun and interesting, it just has no connection to reality. Just say that he doesn't agree with something that you support rather than ignorantly accusing him of bigotry since that's clearly what you really mean.

For those too young to know better, Bud Adams was a truly loathsome person and absolutely awful owner, comparing him to Bob McNair who by all accounts has been a very good owner is simply ridiculous....even if he doesn't agree with you that players should turn the start of the game into a political **** show to the detriment of the league as a whole.

Champs likes this.
  5. msn

msn Member

By all accounts? I get that there are some good things about McNair, but do you really believe absolutely no one (as in, all accounts) has complained about McNair? Last year he compared NFL franchises to prisons and their players to inmates. That didn't go over too well. There's one account.

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Bob McNair is a man of great integrity. He's done so many great things for the city of Houston through his philanthropy and charitable activities... not to mention HE BROUGHT NFL FOOTBALL BACK TO THE CITY. If he were racist, there's no chance he'd ever choose to own an NFL team in the modern era. And if you think that the players suffered an indignity having to listen to McNair's inmates running the prison analogy (which wasn't intended to be offensive -- he botched the analogy and meant to say asylum not prison), then think about all of the nonsense from the players that McNair has to listen to. I love our players, but let's face facts, I don't watch football because I think they're smart and I want to hear their thoughts on politics or society at large.

GOOD DAY

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

With all of the changes in Houston's economy and culture over the years I don't think "Oliers" fits anymore; wouldn't the "Houston Natural Gassers" be more fitting?

csj, solid and msn like this.
  8. msn

msn Member

Can't wait to see this logo

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

That would be really funny. And like the previous poster indicated, that would be a killer logo.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Stick to D&D...no one cares what a know bigot like you thinks about football.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

*known*

12. Nook

Nook Member

He has done many great things for the city of Houston like his sketchy ENRON dealings, his secret funding of bigotry and of course his constant need to interject himself into racial issues.

Great Houstonian. He puts a great product on the football field too. Very inspiring and innovative team owner.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh the irony....

14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Bob McNair sold a power generation business to Enron well before the problems at Enron. The problems at Enron were due to fraudulent behavior by the senior management at Enron -- behavior that McNair had nothing to do with since he was never a member of management. That's like you saying that Lamar sold a car to Alfred and then Alfred committed accounting fraud, so therefore Lamar is unscrupulous. Obviously that is absurd, which makes your point absurd. McNair does not constantly inject himself into racial issues either or fund bigotry -- those are ignorant lies.

csj likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

All legitimate accounts, yes. I don't count douchebags seeking to push nonsense political narratives and spin inoffensive comments to make headlines and neither should you.