1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Windhorst puts James Harden 2nd team all NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Aug 2, 2020.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

When James Harden speaks, he speaks in #factsonly

“Once the media, they create a narrative about somebody from the beginning of the year, I think they just take that narrative and just run with it the entire year," Harden said during the in-studio interview. "I don’t want to get into details. All I can do is control what I can do, and I went out there and did what I was supposed to do at a high level.”

"I wish I could be 7-feet, run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all," Harden said. "I gotta actually learn how to play basketball and how to have skill. I'll take that any day."

Show me where the lies were told!

D-rock, HoustonTexas and BigShasta like this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

This is obviously what the NBA wants and the officiating will make it all make more sense in time. The Rockets will NOT get fair treatment in the playoffs if this is what the league is “selling”. Just hide and watch what is coming our way. The end of regulation of the Dallas game was the start. If Covington didn’t happen our toon would be different. We will have to win by 6+ points every night (2 position) to keep the officials honest.

D-rock, HardenVolumeOne and RudyTBag like this.
  3. HardenVolumeOne

and then the dumb casuals will call harden a choker if he doesnt beat playoff team who have the refs aiding them. If the NBA wasnt rigged harden would have made the finals in 2018.. chris paul or not

clutchdabear, BigShasta and fattz like this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

The league/media loves Chris Paul but dislikes Harden even more. I remember some of the calls being so bad that the commits from some of the talking heads actually started to say something. But then all the sudden it was all okay again as the choice team advanced to the finals. Of course Harden “chokes again” then Paul demands a trade. It all rigged but I still watch and look forward to the disappointment because that is what Rockets fans do.

rockets1995 and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Chris Paul demanded a trade???? You got this mixed up..

6. HardenVolumeOne

You said it better than I could have

also I’ve noticed a conspiracy by the league to keep hardens backcourt superstar teammate off the all star team and off the all nba team.

the elevation of Chris Paul this year by the media is nothing but a cheap shot at harden. The media wants to be right in their assertions that no guard can play with harden. Their was talk of Westbrook not making the all star team this year simply because he plays with harden. Westbrook’s numbers and efficiency were all better next to harden than his last season in okc. It’s the same thing in 2018 when Chris Paul finished 1st in real plus minus and didn’t make the all star team and didn’t make all nba despite being on the team that won 65 games.

the media and nba is all about diminishing hardens greatness. But the numbers don’t lie. When harden retires ring or not his stats will be so guady that in 20 years people will compare stats with the likes of Iverson and wade and claim harden was arguably better than even Kobe. Also don’t forget they don’t want harden to have more all nba selections than his more popular draft class mate steph curry. Harden has near 5,000 more career points than curry and outside of 2016 the numbers would say they were about equal or harden was better. But these last 3 years have seen harden reach a status that no guard since Jordan has touched. So the media has to trick dumb fans into calling him a choker while ignoring the officiating. Mike Brees of abc is there to cover the corruption and not call out the refs. Mark Jackson is probably the only true harden fan at ESPN

fattz likes this.